a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Tale of My Discontent


Even in their threat the clouds hold beauty

and dumped their floods again.

Poor TP got a ragged haircut but is quite delighted with it.
Now we must do the face so she can see.

This was my weekend with amps.

That was not all.  I have had a pain in my lower left of my back (for over a week)  and have wondered if my kidney is dying or if I have pulled a muscle.  The weekend house had three boys Friday night, two boys Saturday night and a mixed crowd on Sunday while I dealt with pain.

I do not mind company but while in pain, it is hard to interact, difficult to sleep, difficult to walk and even sit.  I ice packed it Sunday and that seemed to help so I guess my kidney is going to live and I am voting for a pulled muscle.

I worked today and by early morning, I was almost crying.  Have an appointment with a doc tomorrow so we will see.

I did have the revelation that pain makes me depressed, so there was my valley!  I have been eating ibupropen all day so there is some relief.

It  did not help any when I came in from work and got a report (more like an attack from my husband) that my foster dog had a calf by the leg and was active in a chicken killing.  I am doing a great job with this dog!  Have requested she be removed and have had no response.

I am thinking of selling some of my horses since I do not seem to find the time to work with them.

I have a pile of tax papers waiting on me to compile for my accountant. My computer crashed and it took me hours to get it back.

Now wasn't this weekend enough to depress the Pope?

9 comments:

Irene said...

Sounds like no more foster dogs for you. And poor you, with that bas backache and having to go to work with it, that must be awful. Sounds like you had too many people in the house too. You just had an overdose of everything! Good luck with your doctor's appointment.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You poor thing. I'm glad you made an appointment for your back and get back to feelin' fit as a fiddle soon and very soon. The forecast is starting to scare me just a little. When the weatherman says, this is gonna be a force to be reckoned with, it usually means we need to plan for a weeks worth of power outages. I'm sure prayin' he is wrong this time.

Take care of that kidney, oops back and get better. Sending you my prayers girl!!!

Tonia said...

Oh wow I am sorry!! Hope you feel better soon!! I know walking on snow mud and ice aggravate my lower back something terrible!! I guess its using different muscles to stay balanced.
My 2 house dogs need a hair cut!! You cant see their eyes right now!Lol
I hope the taxes go easy and the PC behaves for you!!

ellen abbott said...

Sounds like January to me.

To keep your back strong (and pain free) you must keep your abs strong. I know, I know. Sit-ups suck.

Gigi Ann said...

I'm sorry to hear about your pains and doggy troubles again. I agree pain can cause you to be depressed, but, someday hopefully it will be better. I hope the doctor can figure out what the problem is and come up with a treatment that works and isn't to expensive. Well, I guess I am dreaming with that thought, shake me and wake me up!

Rudee said...

1. Drink a LOT of water and gatorade.
2. I'm taking book that it's a stone (pain on one side and not your whole back???)
3. Make no big decisions while under duress.
4. Take care of yourself. Get some rest. Space your ibuprofen until you know what's going on in your back. It's the kidneys that have to clear this drug. Call the doctor for a pain reliever more substantial that doesn't rely on the kidneys for clearance--like vicodin or tylenol with codeine. You could start that ahead of your visit.
5. Make sure you get a urine sample tested tomorrow and an xray of your back that shows your urinary tract organs.
6. Repeat step 4.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Unknown said...

Oh I am sorry you are having such a time right now. Pain is hard and definitely affects our decisions. I agree totally with what Rudee says.. and I am sending good thoughts your way! Take it easy, get some rest and once you have some answers and some relief, things may look a little different!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Everything seems to go down the tubes at once, doesn't it?
Doing the foster dog thing seems to just be adding to your stress, so that should probably be the first to go. Simplify your life, that is always the best thing to do when feeling overwhelmed.
When I'm in pain I just want to crawl into a cave and be left alone. I can't imagine having all the noise and activity of the boys over during the time you're dealing with so much pain. I would have been such a cranky pants and fur would have been flying.

I'm in a funk, too, although not in pain. I'm still really down about Baby Doll being gone and I can't help buy sob anytime I walk up to the barn, remembering how she always accompanied me from the gate up to the barn, walking together and sharing an apple. I miss that, and not having a horse in my pasture is just heartbreaking.

(((HUGS))) for you,
~Lisa

Pat said...

You know, when one this is bothering you (a lot), everything else seems magnified. You seem like a pretty tough cookie, but you must be in an awful lot of pain. I know you enjoy when your grandkids are around, but if that and the loud music, got to you and then wanting to get rid of the dog on top of it - you MUST have reached the end of your straw. What is happening to Gen?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...