a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Jobs That Wait


My granny always said, "Work will still be here when you are dead and gone.  You got to play some time."

I have the work ethic of my parents and my grandparents.  If I do not work, I am lazy...my thoughts. 

Given orders to rest yet the kitchen still waits for me to clean after Hubby fixed burgers.  The clothes cry out to be washed and the floors to be swept.  I look out the window and see things I can do because I am feeling a tad better even with no sleep last night.

I must rest because as Rudee has pointed out, Doc is using the big guns(the type of medicine).  If I don't allow them to work, I may be in the hospital.

I finally have a day off and I have to waste it...resting.

4 comments:

Nola said...

Don't think of rest as a waste, think of it as a luxury. Take the time to let your body heal. Hope you feel better soon.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Grab a great book you've been wanting to read or plug in a favored movie, I know it's hard for us go getters but ya have to let the Med's do their thing. Take care and feel better sweetie!

God bless ya :o)

Irene said...

You're sick, for god's sake. It's time to get better. Let hubby clean up his own mess.

Judy said...

Think of Hubby...and how much he would have to do if you really got sick...take care of yourself so that you can take care of him...sit and do nothing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...