a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another day in Paradise


My husband, Dennis, is in the hay. It is late for a second cutting but since last summer's drought and lack of hay, we want ever piece we can get. Today I will join him in the hauling.

Yesterday was not good. Dennis broke the shearing pin on the baler. It had been so long since that had happened, he could not remember how to get it back in time. That was just an end to a wonderful day. Thirty percent chance of rain and only him working. The life of a farmer!

Don't get me wrong! Farm life is good. There is nowhere else you can see the hay growing and take pride in it. You can see your young calves being birthed. You can smell a barn full of good hay. Jump on a horse and ride your boundarys. Here you can also take a walk and find an arrowhead. You can fish in the ponds and play in the creek. You can drink fresh spring water. Most of all you can enjoy the quiet and peacefulness at the end of the day knowing it will all still be here tomorrow. Sit and wonder at the beauty of nature. Wonder did my grandparents see the same view? I would not trade this life for another.

1 comment:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

OK...since you are my sort-a-twin (delayed birth between us ..wink..)...move over Sister, I'm moving in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...