a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, September 30, 2011

What We've Been Doing...

Hubby worked on the hot water heater today...yep, another story.  Well, let me tell you something.  I thought, simple job, right?  What was I thinking?  When he called and said, been working on this all morning, had to use a grinder.  Hot water heater and grinder, together,  just doesn't seem safe. 

I am so grateful the basement is not finished...he couldn't get the water to drain out the hose, you guessed it, he drained it in the floor.  This man causes me more work than five children would.  I'm not looking tonight!

Calls me at work, says it's not working.  Calls me again and said, it's working, I just crossed the wires.  Calls me again and said he fixed the water pressure...he left the horse water on all night.  Solution to the pressure problem...turn off the outside faucet!  AND the tractor is running!
What Beverly's been doing,
and Marcy
 and Hubby and me with Bev,
and Maria and Melissa, my darling daughters.
We all have been working
to organize
and price
and turn our chaos into a classic sale.
Tomorrow at daylight Marcy and I open.
Think we have enough stuff?
I have been helping Bev every night
after work.
I promise to catch up with all of you soon.

16 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Oh wow, have fun!!!

Rudee said...

Lots of work all the way around. Have a great sale!

Buttons Thoughts said...

That looks inviting you are going to have a great sale. B

Dawn said...

THAT looks like a lot of work!!!! Good luck on your sale!

ellen abbott said...

uh, yeah, it looks like plenty of stuff.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I hope you have a super sale and that your hard work pays off.

LindaG said...

That is a HUGE building.

I don't see any junk there. But you know the saying, "another man's junk..."
Which is probably way it doesn't look like junk to me.

Hope the sale is doing fantastic!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It all looks great sweetie. I know it's gonna be a grand success!

That Hubs of yours...Have ya thought of lock and key! Heeehehehe!!!

God bless ya and have a bright and prosperous weekend.

We ha our first frost this mornin'...not the killin' one though. :o)

Irene said...

That looks like great fun, may your first day be a great success.

Lock hubby up. He can't be trusted out on his own.

XOX

Golden Eagle said...

I hope you have a great sale!

That is a lot of stuff.

Jeannelle said...

Alot of work by all and your displays look wonderful. Hope the sale goes well!

Pat said...

Everything looks organized and people will be eager to buy, I'm sure!

DesertHen said...

That is one big building! Lots of great looking finds too! I hope opening day went well?

Susan Anderson said...

NEVER a dull moment around there.

=)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

AHA! The store..right?? Oh..oh..what's that she is building? Looks like a little play house..will we get to see it when it's all done? :):):) YOU KNOW how I love things like that!!

Your friend that NEVER grew up!!
Mona

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a great sale to me! Just the kind I would like to go to! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...