a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Raining...

it's pouring,
the old man is snoring!
Really he has been snoring, off and on all day while I buzzed around him doing laundry, picking up, and cleaning the kitchen...then I left him!  Just hopped in my car and left his butt in the recliner. 

I had a mission. 

All those boxes we've been packing and hauling, all that thinning we've been doing is finally getting closer to being sold.  My two daughters, Bev and I unpacked, priced, placed on shelves and emptied lots of boxes.  Hopefully, we will be ready to open our doors the weekend of the City Wide Yard Sale.  We are not putting it all out at once, just filling the shelves and as they empty, we will fill them again.  Can't even tell anything is missing from my house except for the pile of boxes.  Bev says this is just the first round from our houses.  We will come through and thin some more.  We are all tired of our life being ruled by things.  I can hope the things I part with will bring someone else the pleasure they have brought me.

I knew the rain was coming yesterday...we ALL ached and hurt and moaned and groaned.  The rains came and we smiled.  Oh, Texas, I would share if I could.   We were dry.  This morning we got an inch and it rained again.  We are truly blessed.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

I bet the sale will be a big success, Gail. And you will feel lighter and free-er, I imagine.

We've had rain for the past few days too -- we needed it as well. :)

24 Paws of Love said...

May you enjoy your freedom and the lightness that will dance in your heart. And when your done with all that,I could use your blessed touch. I have a husband you brings it in faster than I can throw out. :) HELP!! lol

Michaele said...

City wide sale! Good luck! Wish I could come.

Country Gal said...

Hope the sale is a success. We need rain again things are looking pretty thirsty !Have a wonderful eve.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

We are in the middle of moving from my 1825 country home into a mobile home. Cleaning out and parting with things have consumed these past weeks. I also hope that the joy these things gave me do the same for others. Good luck with your sale.

carolina nana said...

Send some of that rain my way also,all we got today was clouds
Wish I was close so I could come to your sale.
Blessings
marilyn

StitchinByTheLake said...

We would all be better if we thinned things out but if we all did it, where would all that stuff go? :) blessings, marlene

Buttons Thoughts said...

Yeah rain texwisgirl got some too. Yeah.
I think that is a great idea I am sick of keeping things. If I only could get the time to sort it:)B

LindaG said...

I'm hoping it will be a great success, Gail. ♥

Irene said...

I'm glad you got some much needed rain. Now, if you could send me some of your sunshine, we would be all set. We've got more than enough rain.

Susan Anderson said...

It's always good to simplify.

Glad you got some rain!

=)

Pat said...

I wish I could come to your sale!

Your skies look like ours here in IL!

CiCi said...

Well, darn, I sure would like to live near your city, I would enjoy the sales.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...