When we moved here, Beverly and I redid the barn from end to end, making it compatible for miniature horses. We used what we had as you can see Dad's old truck rack is the sides on these two stalls. The missing roof and the dipping roof supports are thanks to the tornado in 2008.
It is not a prize winning barn but it is ours and no monies owed.
Made by Dad, with some help, years before I can remember. Through the red gate are two mini birthing stalls, no longer used. The old deep freeze is where I keep halters, brushes and some feed.
This Sunday Beverly and I toured the barn with a new plan in mind. Where were the supports no longer good, what was our purpose, what did we need to tear out, what to leave; these were just some of the questions we asked.
Since my tack is in my bedroom, a plan to make a mouse proof tack room is in the works, using one of the mini stalls that already has half walls. We have lots of lumber that Dad milled At The Farm, trouble is, most of what we have not used is hickory and oak. Hard timber! Old seasoned like iron lumber but lumber none the less. So diamond drill bits will be needed and lots of muscles and lots of time...but it possible. Now that we have a plan, it shall come to pass.
We will also have to take a section out of the center where the rafters have been lifted and set down by the same said tornado, converting this into another entrance where we could go right to horses or left to Marcy's potting shed, goat house and storage.