a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ode To My Navel

Alas, my dear navel,
 I knew thee well
when you were but a gentle swell
marking the center of my being.

I lost sight of you during human incubation.
Oh, but you always returned.
You returned and swirled and dipped in gentle folds
and danced, when I laughed.

This season, I see you only in my reflection,
as you solemnly stare one-eyed.
Will you return after the holidays
so I may gaze into your eye once again?

13 comments:

Sunny said...

Thank you for starting my day off with a laugh! What a great sense of humor you have.
Hope your weekend isn't too busy.
☼ Sunny

COUNTRY GAL said...

HAHAHA ! Thanx for that, love your humor ! Have a great weekend.

Clarissa Draper said...

That is so funny! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope you will once again see your navel. Alas poor navel!
CD

Carol Kilgore said...

Neat. I'm smiling :)

Lori E said...

Did you know if you gain enough weight you can turn an outie into an innie? Me either. Lol.

Judy said...

Your navel ode was very entertaining...

Nezzy said...

Heeehehehe! I love it, an ode to a belly button!

God bless ya and have a marvelous weekend sweetie!!!

Six Feet Under Blog said...

Ha! Too funny-have a great weekend!

The Golden Eagle said...

I've never seen a post dedicated to the navel before! :D

Pat said...

Hahahahaha! You said it well! I resemble this!

DesertHen said...

Very clever! =)

LindaG said...

Hahahahaha!!!!!!

I thought it was going to be a post about oranges. We love the jumbo navel oranges when we can find them.
:-)

Nora said...

Ha ha ha!!!!, I love it, you've got me laughing now. You've got a great sense of humor and a wicked way to express it, very lyrical too. Bravo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...