If you haven't noticed, I don't throw much away. I certainly have been enjoying the shop since it's cleaned and organized. Decided to have a go at a couple of chairs that needed repairs. This was what I found inside the chair after I removed the broken seat.
Bottom of the broken bottom
So a piece of SCRAP wood was found, seat traced, cut and covered.
Notice the new wood in back? That piece was always missing since my daughter gave me this chair. She knows I love projects. Hubby came to help me solve this problem. Again, with a found piece of wood, we traced and cut and fit and refit this piece...three times. Finally got it in the slots without breaking it! Good thing, too, because we were on our last piece of this thin wood. Just have to stain it to match and put the chair under the dining room table.
This chair is one of a pair of old office chairs from my screened porch. I had recovered them with oil cloth but one had gotten wet. Chip board does not do wet well. Needless to say a bottom needed replacing. I was having so much fun I failed to photograph that process. Solid, recovered and will last much longer since we used plywood.
Always something to do around here. If you have some spare time, come on over. I need help.