a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Kidnapped...

Yesterday my friend stopped at work and brought me Dr Pepper and a chocolate bar with a picture of puppies on it.  She told me I only needed chocolate, not a real dog.

Then she kidnapped me for my birthday.  She called my home and left a message, Kidnapped Gail, no ransom involved, will return her sometime later...I am taking her to celebrate her birthday.

My friend would not take no for an answer and off we went.  She took me out to eat and to Walmart and even drove me by the dog pound for my puppy fix...but the gate was locked and I could see no dogs...she planned it that way.

We went to her favorite place to eat, Cowboy's Barbeque and we had the most wonderful peanut butter pie for dessert.

Was released before bedtime, Hubby and Andrew had me more chocolate.  Both my daughers had told me Happy Birthday earlier and it was good to hear from them.  My friend Anna emailed me and I had cards in the mail.  Also this afternoon, Marcy hauled a bag of goodies over.  Bev said I'm not giving you anything...while she cleaned my house!!

I guess turning fifty-six was a pretty good deal...I made out like a bandit!

30 comments:

colenic said...

Happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday dear gail happy birthday to you...
Glad that you had an awesome day...sending a ton of birthday wishes and hugs!1

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad your friend kidnapped you. What a great thing.

Gigi Ann said...

56 is still young. Enjoy your young years while you can.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Now that's what I call a friend and a birthday.....Happy Birthday to Gail. XOXO The Olde Bagg

Brenda said...

Well...Happy Belated Birthday to you! That is cool that you got kidnapped for a fun day out and about. Peanut Butter Pie sounds yummy!

ellen abbott said...

boy, did you ever. happy birthday.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday, what a fun day! Wish I had a friend like that!!! Lucky girl! Glad you had fun.

Tina @ The Country Heart

carolina nana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Hope your 56th year is filled with wonderful blessings.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Happy birthday cha cha cha

Tonia said...

WOW what a Birthday!! Sounds like it was all good! Especially that housecleaning bit!
HAppy Birthday!

Barb said...

What a super day for you! Happy birthday!!

Sunny said...

♪♫ Happy Birthday to you! ♫♪
Chocolate, peanut butter pie, a clean house! Life is good at 56!
☼ Sunny

Irene said...

Happy Birthday, Gail! I suppose my package hasn't made it over there yet? Please be patient, it will come. I'm glad you had such a nice day.

John Going Gently said...

belated happy birthday sweetie
x

Rural Rambler said...

A very Happy 56th Birthday to you Gail!!!

Maria said...

That sounds like a GREAT birthday!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

the canned quilter said...

A very happy birthday to you. Wish someone would kidnap me and feed me peanutbutter pie : )

Rudee said...

You have a wonderful friend! Happy Birthday, Gail.

becky said...

Awe, sweet friend to kidnap you! Happy Birthday to you Gail! Hope all your b-day wishes come true!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday! What an awesome friend..and a great way to spend your day..why at 56 you are just a young thing:)

allhorsestuff said...

Fantastic day!
Dr Pepper and Chocolate...the best. And...I think you're friend is onto you! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Rob said...

Happy Birthday, it must be so nice having a kind throughtful friend like that.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Now, that's the best kind of kidnapping!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAIL!!!!

~Lisa

LindaG said...

Happy Birthday, Gail! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a blessed year. :)

Golden Eagle said...

Happy Birthday! :)

(Sorry I'm late.)

Country Gal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !
Sounds like you had a wonderful B-day. Have a great evening !

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl, I'm sorry...missed the boat completely!!!

Open up the windows...little wider please...here it comes...shoutin' out my bigest loudest "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" wishes ever. There did ya get it???

Now the puppies on the candy, were they labs??? That would make it a Chocolate Lab bar!!! Heeehehehe!

What a friend!

I hope your day was filled with warm laughter, great friends an a whole lotta cake!!!

Achieve1dream said...

Happy birthday!!

Pat said...

Well, better late than never, I always say! Here I am, 8 days later, wishing you a Happy Birthday! I'm catching up on all your posts - my you are prolific! My wi-fi has been iffy at best so sorry this is late. Sounds like you had a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...