a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Glimpse of The Herd

The horses are enjoying the green grass.  Although, we still have many cool days, things are growing, animals and plants alike.  Viewing this, I wondered, what in the world was Charme doing.
Charme continued to be the strange one.  She must be in season and none of the other guys can help her out.  Even in their ratty-tatty pasture state, my horses bring me peace.  Magic has been rolling in the mud but every one is beginning to get their summer coats.
They graze peacefully.
They were unaware anyone was around.
Oh, to ride!

10 comments:

Country Gal said...

Soo nice. My sister just sent me am email that her and her horse Ziggy had a wonderful 2 hour ride she has the Haflinger as well, one day I will have my horse before I am to old to ride. Lovely photos and post. Have a great day !

Jules said...

After my weekend of horses and now you posting pics of yours... I so WANT to ride. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It's been a coon's age since I've been on a horse. I was raised with horses and even had my own pony when I was a small~fry.

Hubs hates horses but is amused by donkeys. Have ya'll ever tried to take a 'real' ride on a donkey? Just sayin'...

Your 'herd' looks very happy and content in your beautiful pics.

Have a blessed and beautiful day sweetie!

Carla said...

Them some healthy, happy looking horses there-Gail!

Empty Nester said...

They are gorgeous! If I lived there nothing would get done except hanging out with the horses!

Hope said...

I feel your peace!
a beautiful post!

Susan Anderson said...

I haven't been on a horse in years. But I can still feel the thrill of it.

=)

John Going Gently said...

quite beautiful!!!

Irene said...

All you have to do is throw on a saddle an get on and ride. It's easy as pie.

DesertHen said...

They are so content in a very green and peaceful setting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...