My husband's uncle passed Tuesday. All our prayers and thoughts are with the family.
We had a late calf today and neither bovine wanted to come to the valley pasture. Finally Mom and new baby are safely in the spring bottom with fresh water and the rest of the protective herd.
I was visiting with one sister on the phone. Hubby storms in and wonders why his Dish receiver is in the floor. I don't know!!!! Yes, I deliberately crashed it to the floor with glee when he was out of the room. I do believe Maggie, Border Collie, got tangled in the wires and pulled it off. I'm glad she's not hurt and doubly glad the tv did not fall. All is, thank goodness, reassembled and working. The receiver was saved by landing in Maggie's soft bed. There are a few pieces disconnected permanently but the tv/recliner man can still survive. All parts work.
Hubby while conversing with a sick cousin forgot the skillet and as smoke billowed into the part of the house I was in I went in search of the source. The stove vent was on and Hubby has declared this the worst day this week.
I still smell burning pork chop grease...life is good.