a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Babbling...

My husband's cousin ate his cake only in pinto beans.

Mother loved buttermilk and cornbread.

I prefer warm cake in cold sweet milk with icing.  Lots of icing.

That's why I could be a stunt/body double for Humpty Dumpty. Rolling with the fall because I'm not a fragile egg.

I discovered a music man, Warren Zevon.  His words touched me. Almost in the same instant I discovered his life I discovered his death.

I cried.

When asked if there's one thing he could share about life and death  "...enjoy every sandwich..."  

So should we all.

A rebel with friends like Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Billy Bob Thornton, just to mention a few, he was on this earth for fifty-seven years.

I will miss Warren Zevon even though I've known him a few short hours.

VH1 has a forty-seven minute documentary of his life and his contribution to music.

Many of you may know him through Werewolves of London.  I became aware of his music from Criminal Minds' Keep Me In Your Heart For A While.

Enjoy the music.  Too many good ones no longer sing.

When Zevon was faced with a medical death sentence he raced to record one last album.  He is/was a straight shooting, get to the point. tell it like it is musical artist.  This link should be listened to with caution.

I just thought, Damn, another honest man is gone.

"Enjoy every sandwich."

9 comments:

Lynne said...

"Enjoy Every Sandwich" . . .
A good one . . . very . . .

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Werewolves of London is all I know about him.
Re cornbread and milk- my grandpa ate peas and cornbread for two meals a day, for as long as I can remember. He always took a last piece and crumbled it in buttermilk at the end of his meal.

MadSnapper said...

i love cornbread crumbled in my pintos and my life is sandwiches, i live on sandwiches...

TexWisGirl said...

i did enjoy that song on c.m.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a special post this is to me! I discovered Zevon back in the 70's and have loved him ever since. I had the old vinyl albums. He was so witty and talented. He was also friends with David Letterman, Letterman loved him, and had him on his show for his last appearance. He wanted to live just to see his granddaughter be born. A great talent lost to us now. Welcome to the Zevon fan club, his music is still alive! I will really enjoy the biography.

Anonymous said...

Bill is a musician when not driving a truck. His band used to do some of Zevon's music. Bill is also a follower of Petty and many other's of that same brilliance. Many have gone on, leaving us with bits of wisdom, in hopes that we try to do the same.

LindaG said...

Cornbread is the only way hubby will eat spinach. He told me that the other day and I was surprised. I didn't know he liked anything of the sort. Green wise, that is. I knew he liked cornbread.

Have a great weekend, Gail!

Brian Miller said...

sad to find him only to realize you have no more time...i am very familiar with werewolves of london...and warren...losing the straight shooters suck...we have enough fluff...

LilliStJohn said...

I did go to the link, but also am most familiar with Warren, a long time fav. Sad to lost the truly gifted ones - one of my fav's "Keep Me In Your Heart For A While", was a piece I first learned to play on UKE.
"Enjoy Your Sandwich" with Andrew
Hugz to Marcy lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...