a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

In The Beginning

 I gathered
 separated
 cleaned
and dismantled with a plan.
Hubby found the perfect board in the barn behind our lumber stack.  It was a piece of Dad's old cattle salt trough.  I used a wire brush to remove the saw dust from years of exposure to salt while Hubby used his grinder to remove the brads on the old television legs.
The wood grain was beautiful.
A wire brush was used to clean all.  No paint but I can add that later if I want.  What is it?  I did all that just to have a place to throw my shoes when I come in muddy and dirty from outside.
I attached the old television legs for boot holders
The dirt stops here.
I just need to clean the footwear.

17 comments:

LilliStJohn said...

You should be on TV showing people how to recycle. What a great idea to re-use. Perfect boot tree, eh. Love this.

Jen said...

Well look at you, you clever girl ;o) That is SO neat - I love it!

21 Wits said...

Very clever! Now I hope you're putting this together in a book, because this is what revive, reuse and renew is all about! You go girl!

MadSnapper said...

perfect up cycle if I ever saw one... i had not idea what you were creating as we went along the story and cool idea using those legs for boot holders...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is really clever! You'd pay fifty bucks to buy something like that in the store.

Lynne said...

Clever . . . amazing you are!

Michaele said...

Perfect! I love it.

Connie said...

Very clever. I have more dirty shoes this time of the year than ever. Every time I hit the garden I come back muddy. My poor washing machine is always washing shoes:)

Sandy Livesay said...

Gail,

What a great homemade shoe/boot holder. I just love it!!!
Your mind is always working and creating these amazing pieces.

Anonymous said...

Foot loose and fancy free. Good idea!

LindaG said...

Clever! God bless. :-)

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh wow, that looks so nice, I LOVE it! What a great shoe rack.
Lynne x

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Well that's a handy thingamajig! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Ingenious ... great shoe rack, as you say 'the dirt stops here'

All the best Jan

Arkansas Patti said...

Hands (or shoes) down, you are the recycle queen. Great job.

Farm Girl said...

How nice!! That is a nice bit of re-purposing!

Lux G. said...

Well, this is genius.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...