a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, July 2, 2015

It Was A Three Frog Day

Yep, that's a frog...a bull frog hiding from the heat of the day.
 Bothered Hubby while he was playing mechanic.
to hold my other Bull frog for a better picture.
This is the largest Leopard Frog I've ever seen.

Then
in 
the 
pile 
of 
posts 
I 
was 
moving
I 
met
a 
frog
eater
It was an exciting day in my yard.

24 comments:

LilliStJohn said...

Holy Crap, that's a big snake - is it dangerous to you too. Looks pretty intimidating to me. Well, at least this snake didn't get the frogs you and Den were holding - they otherwise may have been his dinner.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Gail, I love the cute frogs, but that big snake would have to go. Great shots, enjoy your day!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Black rat snake - yup, he'll eat those frogs.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

love the frogs, all three. i have not seen a leopard frog in the wild, only in an aquarium ... that is one beautiful snake to... bet he gave you a moment of startle....

Sandy Livesay said...

Very exciting until you ran into that darn snake!!

TexWisGirl said...

ooh, all are beauties!!!

21 Wits said...

I guess it was. Save those cute little frogs from the frog eater! Yikes... I believe he could eat up a storm and still be hungry!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

That's a lot of snake there.....the three lovely frogs look like they would have been the appetizers for that big ole baddie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love days like that, when wild life an us happen to meet. I wish we had frogs. I've heard on croaking just once..for a week he croaked and then no more. Neat post!! :) Anything that is NOT city..so neat.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I love frogs, and that leopard frog is a beauty. The snake is, too, though. No dogs got it?

Sketching with Dogs said...

The frogs in the second picture have a lovely pattern. Not a lover of snakes at all.
Lynne x

Susan Kane said...

Snakes got to eat. that's the food chain rule. Awesome frogs though. Great photos of those jumpy rascals.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow what a snake !
Great pictures.

Hope you slept better, since your previous post.

All the best Jan

Arkansas Patti said...

Hope the frogs and the snake didn't cross paths.

Ida said...

Oh I love the frogs a lot more then the frog eater.

LindaG said...

I know those are good snakes to have around, but I'm glad I haven't actually SEEN any recently.
Have a safe, blessed weekend, Gail! ♥

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, it does look like an exciting day in the yard. I hear a chorus of bullfrogs every night. I love it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Gail, I love this froggie post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Gail, I love this froggie post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Unknown said...

I love the frogs, they're cute. The snake is pretty as well, but also kind of scary.

Janice said...

I would have been jumping back from the snake. Always adventuren when in the garden.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Great shots!

Unlike some, I appreciate the snake, very pretty.
~

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Now I would not mind the frogs in my garden but the snake. NO! Have a great week ahead.

Lynne said...

Oh my . . . I wish you would be careful of those snakes . . .
I think you are stirring up their habitat . . .
Cute frogs though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...