a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, February 8, 2009

As I Sit...

In my new computer corner away from the television, I have my sister, Beverly, to thank. I hear the muted tv in the next room where Andrew and Dennis are watching some horror movie. I think I am not missing that noise blasting. I can listen to my music or to yours as I visit. Something about the muted sounds brings me a sense of peace that I did not have.

I am facing a window surrounded by horses. I have statues, prints, my art and art of others. I feel very comfortable in my new corner. I still have boxes to empty. I must arrange my computer things in a cabinet and this corner will be completely in order.

To my left is a very unusual statue, almost oriental, of a high stepping horse. I purchased this about twenty years ago at the Folk Festival in Mountain View. Over my window is a half moon tramp art shelf with mirror. On this sets three horses. One was given to me by my friend's mother before she died. She had purchased it at a Five and Dime many, many years ago and requested that Belinda send it to me. Each horse on the left and right are gifts from my sister Marcy. One is a very old rubber horse made in Germany and the other is a beautiful plastic horse, unknown origin but pretty none the less.

To my right are two wonderful framed and matted Greek horse prints, my own painting of Charme and a copy of a prehistoric pitcher with horses. A large chalk board has been placed on the wall and my sister has written "gail at the farm BLOGGING" Following down the wall are two paintings by me, horses of course! On my computer storage cabinet sets a old, old cast iron horse from Beverly, a double horse statue, a lamp and a wooden box.

I am in my happy nest!

Thank you, Beverly, my angel!

10 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Hay , that sounds soo very good Gail! Isn't it nice t have the muffled instead of blaring and the new view as well!
Ha! I have a chalk board near our desk too...I write little notes on it tomyself and my man.
You just officially gave me the final boost for tomorrows redecorating and organizing event at my desk! I need a new look and space as well.
Thanks, let you know how it all comes to pass!
KK

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Gail,

Sounds like a very special place you have put together there. I know what you mean abou the faraway muted sounds of TV or whatever. If I'm napping on a Sunday afternoon, I relax better if I hear those faraway sounds than if it was all quiet in the house.

Enjoy your computer corner!

Grammy said...

Aw I am glad you have a nest too. It's wonderful to be in your own space. You painted a wonderful picture with your words. I can see you now.

SkippyMom said...

FABULOUS! It is so nice to have you own space, no matter age, circumstance, or family dynamic.

Everyone needs something to call their own.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Sounds like the nest is just about totally perfect!

Tiffany said...

Enjoy your new space, you deserve it :o)

Treasia Stepp said...

Gail it sounds as if your corner is a little piece of heaven. It sounds wonderfully relaxing. Enjoy the heck out of the silence.

Treasia Stepp said...

Your gonna have to tell me all about the cardboard box gardening. I wouldn't think that would work. Hmmmm, now I am wondering. For now starting with 5 gallon plastic buckets. I did see where you could plant things like peppers right in the potting soil bag. I might just give this a try as well.

Unknown said...

That sounds so cosy I could come over and sit with a coffee whilst you blog.Love the pics of horses below too.Wonderful. S xx

C-ingspots said...

Oh Gail, I am so happy that you have your very own area. Your sister must truly be an amazing woman. She sounds loving and generous and kind - not to mention absolutely gifted at reorganization!! What a blessing she must be to you. And those horse pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! Wouldn't it be grand to have those pictures surrounding your new space?? How's the ice situation? We had some light snow this morning and freezing fog again. Aaahh, come on spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...