a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snow

The weather man was right. We got snow and are still getting snow. The only thing that is good is most of it is melting when it hits the ground.

Huddling in the snow, yes, they do have a barn

The animals knew last evening. The horses were kicking up their heels. The roosters were finding a hiding spot. Birds were looking for seed.

I also know it is close to spring because the barn cats are romancing.
Bev, the miracle worker, was here today. She spent almost her entire day in Andrew's room with Andrew. They sorted alphabetically. They played guitar. They listened to music...and Bev cleaned and cleaned.
What in the world would I do without her help????

10 comments:

Sharon said...

My chickens are about as bright as yours. You'd think they'd go inside their barn when the weather turns bad.

Miracle worker Bev is a God send, God please send Bev to my house :)

Love ya Gail!
Sharon

Wendy said...

Ha! I sent you snow from up here! LOL. Glad you liked it (not!)
Like your bright red cardinal.
Hugs

Jeannelle said...

Wow.....nice capture of the cardinal! Glad to hear the snow was disappearing as it hit the ground.

allhorsestuff said...

I am so gald that you have Bev too...makes me feel warm for you to have such a dear help.

Wow, those frames really mad eme want to curl up in a toasty blanket.
The ponies and chics looked a bit miserable!Bird looked happy though!
KK

Melanie said...

Just look at all that lovely snow...lol!!! We had about five inches fall last week, and I have to say that I was quite disapointed. I am definitely ready for spring...or better yet...summer!!! :)

Unknown said...

Makes me feel cold just to look at the photos!! Thank you for your lovely support on my race...and I would be very honoured if you linked.( embarrassed because that's the English way!! but honoured!!)Sarah xx

Christy said...

They are saying we are supposed to get snow this evening. I'll believe it when I see it.

DesertHen said...

Love that photo of the Cardinal! So pretty....a touch of spring and a hint of winter mix to be called Sprinter!

jalynn01 said...

I just love this post with the snow coming down and the horses, chickens and even the cardinal out in it. I come from farming country..my grandfather lived next door on a farm and I miss that kind of life. I live almost in the city now!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Bbbrrr! We've got wind here.

Those roos are so handsome!
Now, aren't those barn cats all spayed and neutered? Are you wanting more grey striped kittens?
I'm not wanting anymore now, Gail. lol!

Stay warm and dry....unlike those silly horses. hehe

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...