a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, February 13, 2009

Did You Ever Notice...

How when a woman takes a day off, she works her tail off? My man takes a day off and goes fishing!My new entry corner, phone corner, whatever you want to call it corner. My favorite picture is the large one and it is called "Reflections".

I have photographed my humble home and its projects. I have two corners done in my homework. I'm in trouble! Bev will be here tomorrow to continue my organization and I am not through with the first part. This is a dusty chair in the tv room. I should have dusted BEFORE I took the picture.

As you can see one spot on my desk is clear and things are poked into the holes.


Why do I always see things after I take the picture? I will not retake it for a tilted lampshade so please imagine the shade is in place.
This cabinet was made by me by putting parts together from this and that. It is an old chest of drawers that fell apart. I made shelves and installed doors. The top shelf will hold my computer paper and the doors hide my uglies. I will unify the colors as I get to it. I emptied one box!

This old buffet was Mom's. I found it in the barn a few years ago. The veneer has come off in some places but plan to stain it all to match. I put new handles on it and also glued all the pieces back into place that I found in the floor of the barn. It had been placed at the entry door but Beverly has changed it to the tv table. I must say I love it here 'cause all the equipment can fit in one place. Behind it is an old sleigh bed head board dividing the room from my new business area(one of the places I was supposed to finish).

I know Beverly says you have to muddy the waters before they clear but boy, these waters sure are muddy right now.

8 comments:

Grammy said...

I just love family treasures. You did a great job in organizing. I will have to move to another house before I can accomplish that much.

Tina said...

Gail, It is so nice that you have a story for many of your treasures! As a youngster we never realize how valuable those hand-me-downs, heirlooms or whatever one wants to term them, become as we get older..and our parents move on. Like you I have some pieces that bring back many memories and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I love your little corners and am proud of you for all the organizing you are doing..I should now do the same!! Being a retired art teacher I love all the drawings, sketches, paintings and pottery you have in your post! Original art is the best. When we built this house we both agreed that we would only decorate with original art...and we have..not the art that is $$$$ but pieces my students gave to me..my own, my husbands or pieces we have purchased as we traveled. They all have a memory to go with them...just like yours!! :)

Wendy said...

Nice pics and memories! I think men are smart that way - when they take time off, they go fishing! Or relax or something fun! Have a nice weekend

Christy said...

I love the tours of your house! Everything has a story and meaning in your house.

Jeannelle said...

Fun to see your room projects. The entry corner looks very pleasant. I like that maroonish chair with the doily on it, too. And, you do woodworking! Good for you....you ambitious girl!

allhorsestuff said...

I like your style!It all looks so good and homey.I would take dust over having our white, incontinent cat..keeping things clean right now for longer than a day...sheesh!
We too have our parent's and thier parent's furnature items housing tv's and books and computors!
If they could see the technology we have on and in the furnature they sewed by and ate off of... They'd just faint!
KK

Tiffany said...

Great job on the homework, I know you think you're not done yet, but you did a lot! And how many of us ever think we're "done" when it comes to our homes anyway...

Carla said...

kudos to you! (sooo, you and Bev wanna come on over and make some sense of my place-hhmmmmm?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...