a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Love Purple!

Don't know when that happened. I use to be a blue lover but now I am purple through and through.  Did a little researching on purple since I knew you guys were just waiting on pins and needles to hear about purple.

There is medieval purple, Han purple, imperial purple, electric purple, and psychedelic purple. There is Purple Rain, Purple Haze and Purple People Eaters.  Klingons have purple blood.

In parapsychology, people with purple auras are considered to have a love of ritual and ceremony. Purple is associated with royalty and nobility. In some countries it is the color of mourning.

The word purple first referred to a dye from a marine snail...mucus secretion from a snail!!!

I am neither regal nor royal nor a Klingon, so I know not from where my purple love cometh.
I will just have to accept I love a color that first came from sea snail snot and live with my love of purple.

8 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Nice hook at the end! LOL - ewwwww... [no offense] but I knew there was a reason I do not like purple. I am more of a yellow kind of girl!

Rudee said...

I like purple too, but you can't make purple without blue and red.

Tina said...

Gail,
Color is such an interesting topic...to explore esp when it become personal!! Nice that you liked blue first and then purple...purple combining the stability of blue and the energy of red!! I have done a lot of color studies with teenagers and have found that as we age we do change fav colors and usually they reflect our personalities quite a bit!! Yellow, golds...very parental, in control, greens, problem solving, blues, stablility~ in touch with their emotions and who they are, reds, powerful, bold, energetic and oranges, implusive, see what they want and go for it..obviously all this is not written in cement but always interesting to read!!

Unknown said...

Love purple!!! Love. Love. Love. S

Gigi Ann said...

I am going to share this with my daughter, she is also purple through and through. Very funny post today.

Carla said...

Welcome to my purple world! Feel free to enjoy the ride:)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I had no idea. Purple isn't my favorite. It reminds me of grape soda, of which I can't stand.

But I do like certain shades of purple. My favorite color is orange.....I wonder what you can dig up on that color! lol!

~Lisa

farrahys said...

I LOVE PURPLE TOO
ALL MY FRIENDS KNOW ME AS A PURPLE LADY AND THEY ALWAYS THINK OF ME WHEN THEY FOUND ANYTHING ABOUT PURPLE
SO HAPPY FIND FRIENDS WHO LOVE PURPLE TOO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...