a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day of Rest...Not!


I gave myself a good talking to and said this is enough with this sick stuff. You have too much to do. I started out in the house and was going great. Did one bathroom, the hall, some laundry, some dishes. Then went out to wash the front porch. Knew I needed to repair tin on the old house, Den volunteered to get me to the roof. Repaired some on the old house and the smokehouse(from my grandparents era).
My next project is fencing the front porch in some artistic, charming way to keep the dogs and goat off.

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Whoohooo! Now that, my friend, is the way to travel and get stuff done, way up high :)

Looks like fun, too.

As for the charming fencing, have you considered coyote fencing? Here in New Mexico it is very common fencing to use to keep your livestock safe from coyotes.

And many people in Santa Fe love to use it as a decorative fence because it is so charming.

It's basically free, too. You use branches from trees and strong bushes and bind them to horizontal branches or pipe, or 2x4's.

If you goodle coyote fence, you can see what it looks like.
Oh and it's wonderful to keep rabbits and other critters out of gardens, too.
Have fun.

~Lisa

Gail said...

Coyote Fencing! I have googled and I am hooked. The goal around here is to clean up. Now I just need to find the right pieces.
I was thinking along those lines but did not know it had a name. I was weaving branches through a wagon wheel.
Thank you!

Carla said...

love these pictures! Yea buckets!! And some one to operate the tractor:) And yea for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...