a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, October 24, 2008

Utility Right of Ways...


Imagine my surprise when, right after a soaking rain, the utility company shows up to replace our wooden poles with metal! Needless to say, I was not happy. They had six pickups and three big trucks with baskets and poles and a drill. They promptly got stuck. They said this truck is six-wheel-drive,well, all six of them were buried to the axle. This was our last field with hay to cut! I asked why in the world anyone would think after a good rain you can drive this equipment in the pasture. They said we don't schedule the time. I said someone in the city behind a desk and surrounded with concrete did not take the weather as a consideration. These poor men after being assaulted by me, gave me numbers to call. One number I hung up on and the other offered to fix it. I asked him how he was going to fix what took God 500 years to build, beautiful black topsoil. First an offer of gravel was made...in a pasture!!!! That didn't set well with me. Of course you can tell nothing set well with me this day. Trucks are pulling trucks, they knocked a big hole in the creek bank which will now wash. All the grass is buried or completely uprooted. I guess I told them, as Mama used to say, how the cow ate the cabbage.
Another truck arrived today and I hit the door. My daughter called my hubby and said you better come home Mom is now after a bulldozer.
To make a long story short, the dozer was here to put every back together and reseed the ground. I also gained several twelve foot lengths of utility poles to use.
I bet that crew was glad to leave the valley. They were extremely nice and patience with me and all my animals. Just following orders.
Boy, being angry makes me tired.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

lol! Sorry to laugh but your temper seems to spark up about as quick as mine does.

I was looking at your border collies. Nice looking dogs you have there. We have one, he's about a year old now. Some days he's real smart and other days he chooses to get into just about everything in sight.

Nice to meet ya, come by and visit me again real soon :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! You go girl!
Sorry about that awful mess :P

~Lisa

Gail said...

Sharon, sorry you had to see the ugly side of me. IF we do not stand for something we will fall for anything...cannot remember who said that but it fits here.
I love Border Collies! Yours will train up good, with patience lots of praise. They need a job to do or they will try to make jobs and that is when the trouble starts. They are the smartest, easiest trained dogs I have ever had. I swear Maggie can spell too. While we were picking walnuts, Maggie worked back and forth keeping the cows away form us. You should see how this pair works. When the horses are out I tell Lil yahhh, take them to the barn and she does. Lil works more on the front by getting their attention and Maggie Mae takes the rear. Great dogs I would recommend this breed to anyone. Ours are wonderful with kids. They play football too. Needless to say we have a few deflated, dented, ripped footballs but the game goes on.
This blogging in new for me but it better than having a therapist and alot cheaper. I am still trying to figure out the gadgets.
Lisa, I think the crews believed all the awful things they have ever heard about Arkansas Hillbillies. I do not think they will forget this visit.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

So I was going to say that I like to come over here and visit, because your blog has a nice peaceful feeling to it, but now???? LOL!!! Just joking!!!

I think that my feathers would all be ruffled, by the seemingly uneccesary invasion, as well.

...Arkansas Hillbillies...lol!!!
Don't worry, I will still come out and visit you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...