a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Dish Thing Is Working!


A few posts ago, I talked about being tired of dirty dishes. My solution was to eliminate the dishes. I packed three boxes of dishes, flatware, glasses and cups. Replaced them with an eight piece setting. Amazing how everyone is guarding their glass. I was going to write names on the dishes but so far so good.

My next project will be socks. I have decided if they do not make it to the laundry in pairs, they are not part of a pair. With my announcement last night, while standing over a small mountain of unmatched socks, my grandson and husband starting scrambling for socks. Tonight I do the dirty deed...if it is not a pair, it is out the door.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling: we do our dishes right away ... I'm obsessive about it. That way we don't have any dirty dishes to look at. It's funny how we use our kitchen ware, though.

Grammy said...

I had to do that too. When my kids were home. I had 4 of each. And every one has there own glass. And not the they do not live with us. The sock monster is gone. All socks match. And Mr. I don't know who did it is gone too. Can you believe that.

Gail said...

Robert: I am glad I am not alone with this dish problem. Thanks for stopping by.

Grammy: You have given me hope! I know that odd socks are a wonderfully handy dust cloth, BUT I can only dust so much.

Anonymous said...

HA!!! Great stuff! I need to have my husband read your blog.....just so he's more appreciative! ;)

Gail said...

Farm Mom: Do I sound that mean?!

Carla said...

I've done that dish thing. Might need to again! hmmmmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...