a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things NOT To Do While Wearing Flip Flops...


My husband said I could write a book about things you should not do while wearing fipflops or thong sandals.

Here are just a few of the many I have experienced:
Do not wear flip flops while trimming horses' hooves.
Do not wear flip flops while burning brush piles.
Do not wear flip flops while using a plumb bob.
Do not wear flip flops while sorting roofing tin.
Do not wear flip flops when walking under the chestnut tree.
Do not wear flip flops when close to Prickley Pear Cactus.
Do not wear flip flops when working with large rocks.
Use your imagination. I now wear boots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love this post and I can so relate. I'd like to add "do not wear flip flops with trimming trees" (my sister nearly chopped offa toe!) or "while mucking out the coop!" But, I usually still do anyway! hehe

Freija and Beringian Fritillary said...

I like to imagine that my thick soled hiking sandals are more worthy than the ole flip flops, but those tender little toes tell me different. Somehow I still manage to think I can stay clean and unscathed doing various farmwork, ie forking out an inconveniently placed cowpie or denailing boards, but...

Yes, the boots should go on the feet, but those sandals slip on so easily and with green summer grass and sunshine, it's lucky I'm not plain barefoot for three months!

I must say though, that the sandals are retired for the year.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

You've got Prickly Pears there???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...