a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Farrier Is A Girl....




Meet Samantha Fields, a wonderful young lady, who is now doing my hoof trimming for me. Sam has trained my Arabian, Knot, to ride. Worked with my other horses and got a halter on Arrow today when I haven't been able to in months.

Sam seems to have a personal connections with horses, in fact, all animals love her.

If you notice Charme, my Haflinger, is about to fall asleep.

The third photo is a sign I made out of pieces of my life. Each piece has a story. When we came to the farm, we soon discovered many things has ruined in the barn during years of storage. The A is part of Grandma Pruett's pie safe, the T is part of Grandma's old wash stand, the H is Grandma Greenstreet's chest of drawers and on we go to the M which is part of Dad's bee hive.  The wreath below the sign is rusted barbed wire with horse shoes in it.

I promised I would say when the photos were taken by me so today is the day.

6 comments:

Grammy said...

The horse is so beautiful.
I love the way you put memory in the letters too. That is a great ideal.
Have a good weekend
Grammy

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sam sounds awesome! How lucky you were to have found her. She has a very friendly smile.
Your horses are so beautiful!

I love your handmade sign and wreath, too, especially because of all the history it has weaved among it.

Great pictures, too. Keep it up!

:)
~Lisa

Christy said...

That sign is really cool!

Carla said...

Your horses are beautiful, as is your 'horse hoof' lady! I love your letters! How smart, and memory-invoking!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

How lucky for you to be back on your family farm! You don't know how badly, I wished my family had been in the agricultural way...my whole life, I felt outta place...I envy you.

Susan said...

How cool is it to have a female farrier! That's just awesome! And I LOVE your "At the Farm" sign!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...