a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Am I Done Yet?

NO!!! I listened to all advice, which was wonderful, and went outside to work. Who knows how many pretty days we have left before the winter completely closes us in.


The early temps were below freezing but it progressed to 39 degrees with a brisk ever changing wind. It was too windy to burn much but the Burn sisters had a fire going! Dressed in multi-layers, we worked.
Marcy took pictures as we prepared her spring flower bed. Every place we get cleared, I swear that oldest sister of mine wants to plant something! Last weeks clearing with help of the tractor is going to be for watermelons and cantaloupe, God love her!
Laughing Orca, please note the three sizes too big flannel pjs and the shoes!

Beverly and I worked our behinds off. She didn't have any behind to spare. I, on the other hand, did not miss any of mine!


We raked, we clipped, we dragged, we dug, we planted, we talked, we shared and worked. (I think she has forgiven me for the toilet thing). Now Marcy had told us she has one hundred twenty MORE spring bulbs.

I said all that to say this: No house work finished! I have been like a little male dog, a little here, a little there... I did get some laundry done, some dishes done (both of those grow, when you are not looking!) I could have some wonderful before pictures but have no after pictures yet!
Andrew and I did get the Christmas tree up and decorated after dark. I think we will put one live one in the dining room but that is a job for another day.

6 comments:

Christy said...

You were busy! I hate working out in the cold.

Sharon said...

Hey it's progress and a lot of it, nothing says all your work has to be on the inside of the house. I think it's great that you'll have fresh watermelons and cantaloupes next year and beautiful flowers : )

I'm anxious to see pictures next year when everything is in bloom.

SkippyMom said...

I couldn't work out in the cold [I hate being cold] but I am SO digging those pajama pants...lol...too cute!

Your housework sounds like mine. A bit here...a bit there...ah, the heck with it.

We did get the living room decorated for Christmas yesterday...weehaa!

allhorsestuff said...

120 More Bulbs..right after you said ,"I think she has forgiven me"....!!! HA!

What a wonderful active day Gail...you might have felt good( in your brain) doing house work but I bet you FEEL good with all your muscles and such today knowing how much you accomplished outside! Great times!
It will be glorious in the spring.
I love live trees for Christmas...we had one from our 2nd yr of marriage and plnatd it in the yard and now decorate it every year there!

Tina said...

I am jealous that you got outside to work. I LOVE working outside but for us today is way toooo cold. 18 degrees with the winds blowing!
I am hoping the next few days show us some slack so I can get out..I get cabin fever easliy. Need to take some pics!! Glad you got sooo much done..and a few things done inside too! Don't forget to celebrate all those little achievements!! ya hoo!

DesertHen said...

Busy, busy......hey, come over and burn my weed piles too...okay. =) With all of the planting going on, things will look mighty pretty in the spring.....=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...