a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, December 21, 2008

'Twas Four Days 'Til Christmas...


At The Farm,
I was dreaming,
Then heard the alarm!

Git up, sleepy head!
You have four days to go
Family to be fed
Start where, I don't know!

I sprang from my bed,
And fell to the floor,
Had tripped on the clothes
Left by my door!

Ran to kitchen,
With less than delight,
I cried as I saw an amazing site,
The sink brimmed with dishes from last night!

My floor was all dirty,
From farm boot steps,
There were mounds of sand,
Dropped and just left.

The clothing all piled
From ceiling to floor
My hopes for completion
Flew out the door!

Just then I heard
A knock at the door
My sister, Beverly
Wait, there's more!

Armed with a broom
Vacuum and mop.
Let's get this place cleaned.
Chop! Chop!

Sand disappeared,
The dishes did too,
The clothes were all folded
Then she was through!

Wait just a minute,
My presents are wrapped
How does she does that
Without even a nap?

Now we sit
With our feet propped up,
Holding hot cocoa
Steaming from the cup.

Gotta go now, Gail
Got things to do
The Pinto roaring loudly
And the cows mooed.

I heard Bev exclaim
As she drove outta site,
That's the last time I'm cleaning
We're going to fight.

A smile lit her eyes
As away she did drive
You know I'm just kidding
You've just have to try.

Written by Gail In A Holiday Funk

6 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Love the pic' and adore the poem. Nicely done :D....it [almost] inspires me ...lol

Merry Christmas sweetie!
Hugs

Gail said...

My sweet sister, Beverly, is amazing. She is holding my youngest grandson in this picture.

Adventure girl said...

Excellent! Yep! This year I am taking EASY way..........simple, nice gifts, did my shopping mostly online and am done!

Sharon said...

Gail the picture is beautiful. I really enjoyed your poem. Yes your sister Beverly is amazing, and so are you :)

Tiffany said...

Wow, I wish I had half of her energy! :o)
I think your sister is beautiful! And the grandbaby isn't half bad either hehe.

Grammy said...

I love your writing and would love it if you would send you sister to visit me to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...