a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Am Addicted


To blogging!

The whole family is suffering. I must read to see if there are comments. I must read new posts and comment. I must make a new post so you can comment.

I do enjoy reading my favorites to see what they have been doing. If someone hasn't posted, I wonder if every thing's Okay.

The spiders have craftily woven me to this chair. I have supplies, drink, so I will survive. My husband just sees the light and does not check. He knows where I am, not that I'm okay.

I am invisible in this corner. They amble by and never see me. I turn my music down so they can't hear me. Except for the clicking of the keys and bouts of laughter, I am never heard.

Yes, I am addicted! To people who listen, who leave kind comments, who agree with my crazy ideas and sometimes like them! I am addicted to having friends, even if they are long distance. I am addicted to knowing I am not alone.

Thank you for enabling my lovely addiction!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the nice thing is knowing we are never alone! And blogging does add another dimension to that, doesn't it! ;-)

Christy said...

I know the feeling! It is nice to know there are others out there who are interesting in our lives. Almost none of my family reads my blog, which makes me feel like they don't care, so it is nice to know at least others care.

DesertHen said...

I KNOW just how you feel!! The blogging addiction can get really bad at times!! Like now, when I should be fixing breakfast for my family, but instead, here I sit reading blogs.....he, he,he. It has been so fun this blogging adventure and I'm glad that I started way back in the summer....I have met SO many WONDERFUL people......like you my bloggy friend...=) Enjoy your addiction.......the family will understand.....at some point....=D

Jeannelle said...

Oh, Gail......this is so cute.....and TRUE for me, too! Let's all just continue to indulge in our addiction!

Grammy said...

I am a addict too. And I always like your writing. My comments do not always make sence some times I misspell. Or find I did not say what I ment to say. Wish I had a brain. Big hug. Is it poring rain your way. We had a quick flash flood. Lucky it is going down as we speek.

Tina said...

Gail, You know how much I enjoy all your blogs..you do make me chuckle and so enjoy all your poems, pictures and stories...You are one of a kind and I love your sense of realism, your sense of adventure and your sense of humor! Do have a good new year...love the closeups of your horses and the best are you found feet!! lol!

Sharon said...

Isn't it so much fun to blog? I really enjoy it too! I think what I enjoy most is reading about how other people live and love their families. It makes me feel normal lol! because we all have a few things in common with each other :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm so glad to be one of you enablers, Gail. Thank you for assisting me in my addiction, too.

I was just thinking the other day how I wish I would have had blogging when I was on bedrest with my twins. I felt so alone and lonely just laying in bed reading and watching TV.

I'm grateful to have my laptop and blogs and blog friends especially now that I am facing weeks of bedrest and homebound time.

Knowing there are others leading their interesting lives to check into every day, while they check into mine, with words of support and laughter, brings me such a feeling of relief and joy. I know I can bear this experience and survive with my favorite blogs to read and blog friends making me smile each day.

Thank you Gail, my bloggy friend, you!

~Lisa
Limping in New Mexico

Veronica said...

Nope! NOT alone! :) Blogging is awesome and so are we! :)

Anonymous said...

You ARE addicted! I've been gone a few days and have much to catch up on!! :) It is a wonderful addiction, isn't it? I'm off to read more of what I missed! :)

Carla said...

Hello, My name is Carla, and I am a blog-aholic:)
(hello Carla)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...