a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Showing Off!


Our master bedroom. I know it's not every one's idea but we love it. The walls are one inch tongue and groove black walnut, cut and cured from this farm.

The center magnolia was sent to me by my bestest friend in Georgia. It was painted by the president of some flower club in Savannah, Georgia. It is very old and had been donated to the VFW. Belinda sent it to me. I matted and framed it and it is now my centerpiece.
The two round matching pictures are from Aunt Evah (gone) and painted by McCoy(???). I do not think it is the real McCoy
The last side pictures are very old prints my sister, Marcy, gave me from a yard sale. The lamps I found at a yard sale. The side tables I purchased at a surplus furniture store.Now for the headboard! Made from a long piece of cardboard covered in quilt batting and finished off with cloth. Not one bit of sewing! Glue and staples. May not be for all people but I am very happy with it.
Another corner...being short on closets, this is my solution...JC Penney. Dollar store lamp, thrift store cat and a vase of collected rocks.
More bedroom...are you sick of me yet??? Yard sale tree, chests, and lamp. Statue from a vacation, hiding bird from a thrift store, Picture(very old) from Bev, candles and holders from Marcy.

Andrew and I have finished the tree. This year we are using his mom's white tree 'cause she took our green one. I love live ones but these sure are easy to clean up. Under the tree, not quite how I want it yet, is a handmade quilt by Mom and Grandma.The pattern is called Monkey's Wrench. It is completely hand made with old feed sacks and a red material. I always use it for Christmas.
This is my favorite table. I bought it at a second hand store. Just came in from Pennsylvania. Six legs with wood inlaid top. Had it for years and still love it. Yard sale lamp, dollar store clock, Mom's doily, horse from ebay, and flowers from Den's mom, vase from my sister Bev and footstool and plates from Marcy.


My sitting area in our bedroom, where I read, paint, write, or watch tv or just sit staring mindlessly into space. My spot...everyone needs one. I can invite people in or lock the door.The love seat is second hand, the coffee table a Mother's Day gift from Hubby years ago. The carpet is a scrap.


My TRUE corner as you can tell by the piles! Chairs were a trade, blanket was a gift, pillows made by me, footstool goes with another chair, giraffe with one ear broken with flower inserted(my favorite drink table), book bench rescued from outside,and yard sale lamp.My window view...notice all the ice! I get cold just looking out.

The reason I played hooky...I do not think old PT would move IF I could get doors open. Doesn't look like much trouble for y'all up north but this is ICE!
I'm gonna slide out and feed and water but must dress warmly and hold onto to things to keep from busting my b.... uh, to keep from falling down.

7 comments:

Carla said...

love your wood walls! AND everything else. How smart to make a sitting area. I think I could curl up in your corner and just waste away many hours, maybe days:)

Looks like home sweet home:)

SkippyMom said...

I love this post! Such a comfy, cozy room. What is so funny is Pooldad totally scrubbed our master bedroom down this weekend - and I was going to post about it - I love it. But now? Not so much, mine isn't decorated as prettily as yours. I need to unpack more of my trinkets and dresser scarves, etc...

Thanks for the inspiration! :D

C-ingspots said...

Oooh girl, I love your wood walls and pics in your bedroom!! But the tongue and groove is awesome!! Your home looks warm and inviting to me. Sounds like your decor is similar to ours - collected from everywhere and everyone!! Me too, some given to us, some handed down, some found treasures. True country chic. And your weather, brrr. Us too, started last Sunday. We have about 5" of snow and underneath is all ice. I made it to work both yesterday and today, but arrived a bit late and leaving before dark. I work for a vet, so the doc thinks we NEED to be there for folks, just in case. However, he's back in Nebraska visiting family, so I can't cover the emergencies anyway and everything else will have to wait. They are predicting more snow tomorrow, so we"ll see...not gonna risk life and limb - or my truck for the sake of coming to work! Stay warm...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ok...you've thrown a 'monkey wrench' into this blog post. I'm so used to reading funny posts, and this one is so full of charming, cozy images of home....awwww! Your bedroom is so charming and full of character. I love how you use found items and are very thrifty and creative, too.
I like your giraffe table very much. I bet it makes you smile when you're using it.

I have an authentic camel saddle that I use as a table and extra seating, too. I've had it since I was a teenager and I adore it.

Hmm....Maybe one day I'll have my own camel? I once brought up the idea with hubby and he surprisingly thought it was a great idea. (Who stole my man and replaced him with an alien?) lol!
But who knows...and then I can actually place my camel saddle on a real camel and ride! :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

Christy said...

Nice bedroom! Very cozy and full of personality. Our room is pretty sparse, we just use it for sleeping.

Grammy said...

Wonderful collection. I have learned over the years that if every thing you collect has a meaning and make you happy it make your house a home. full of love and peace. And a treasure trove of memory's. You are blessed my friend.

allhorsestuff said...

HI!
All that wonderfully crafted wood ..wowsa. Sleeping under it must make for enchanting dreams...let us know!
Your Tree Skirt is charming and I love the red and white + pattern's name!
You are awesome with your devcorating.
Thankd for sharing yourself so much...we may invision exactly where you are now when you mention doing things... And>>YEA<<< move the computer!
KK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...