a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wise Sayings and Quotes


If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker." Helen Keller

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground." Unknown

9 comments:

SkippyMom said...

"If at first you don't succeed..." cracked me up - and I love the stove!!!

When are you coming for dinner? That chicken and rice soup was sooooo nummy! :D

This week I am going to stretch a 10 lb ham...watch me work! lol

Melanie said...

LOL!!! When I read your "werewolf" comment, I of course had to scroll down and see what I had missed. Having worked in the medical field forever, I definitley agree that the full moon affects people. Trust me...all the crazies come out...lol!!!

These sayings are great and thanks for the good laugh, Gail!!! You usually give me one! :0

Tina said...

Gail,
Love your quotes..especially the little oak one, and reaching a conclusion...so true! lol
Thanks for stopping by and visiting love to hear from you.

Unknown said...

For every action.......that is almost too true to be funny!!!!

Hysterical!

Christy said...

Those are good quotes!

Grammy said...

Enjoyed your post very much and love the stove. I hear they weigh a tun. The house we are waiting on for next august has the set up for a stove like that but it is not there. The chimney is amazingly tall. its purpose was only for that.

Veronica said...

Ha! Awesome. :)

Carla said...

Great! I'm coping for 'research':)!
I'm trying to be a little nut, BUT life keeps washing me down stream!!!
(my family might add, that often, I am a BIG nutty nut:)

DesertHen said...

Love these sayings...=)

The stove in the photo is so cool. Our friends in AZ have one very similar that they still use and cook on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...