a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Memory Lane

My sister, Beverly and I have been walking down memory lane today.
Beverly inspired me and gave me a Christmas present early....she helped clean the kitchen and dining room. How sweet can she be? I can see the top of the dining room table and can walk without my socks pulling off, all my dishes are clean AND put away! The rats have been kicked out and the spiders are packing up since their food is gone. I saw one staring at me with this hateful look as he carried his suitcase out the door. I said sorry guys you gotta go, this is my Christmas present and you're not part of it. One spider was crying...from all eight of his little eyes!

I thought we cleaned this table! Where did this serving of Santas come from? I had everything off that table! This is a small peek at my dining room. I forgot a before picture but you really did not need to see that!

Another angle of the Serving of Santas. That is not dirt on the table. Dad's job after he got Alzheimer's, was cleaning the table and he did...constantly. This is another beautiful table he and Mom made from trees At The Farm. Dad would rub the knots in the wood with his finger nails for hours. This is the result. The dining table is thick enough I could sand it but it's Daddy's table and I want it to stay the same.
I'm just a silly sentimental spider missing fool!

8 comments:

Grammy said...

poor little spider its cold out side. :-) I love your Daddy's table it is a treasure.

Tiffany said...

Beautiful table! And what a great gift from your sister helping you in the kitchen like that! Wish mine would come help me! lol

Unknown said...

What a lovely thing to do.You have a great sister! S

Tiffany said...

I gave you an award over at my blog, stop by and pick it up when you get the chance! :o)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

You're such a goof, Gail! :) And I love how sentimental you are, too.

I want to know more about those Santas servings, though....

~Lisa
New Mexico

Unknown said...

Aw, poor spiders!
That table is just so beautiful, and I'm not surprised you want to keep it just as it is - full of memories!

Carla said...

What a great present!!!
I'm ok with spiders if they stay out of sight, and I wish the roaches and mice would eat each other instead of banding together to take over the world!!!

We have an old radio like yours-darker wood-yours is beautiful, and my hubby would love the real wood table. (Santa under glass is darling too:) Yea Beverly!

DesertHen said...

Oh the poor spiders, they will be so cold...he, he

Beautiful table and what special memories that go with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...