a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Full Moon Madness

...or Sky Watch Friday.



Lunacy: 1. insanity; mental disorder 2. intermittent insanity, formerly believed to be related to phases of the moon.


Synonyms: dementia, derangement, disturbance, madness, mental illness, unbalance, absurdity, folly, idiocy, insanity, nonsense, silliness.


What is she talking about???????


Sometimes, I do think the moon affects us. If it can move the tides, how can it not affect the human or the inhuman in us?I do not sleep well during the full moon nor the couple of nights leading up to it. Is it lunacy? Is the werewolf coming out? This could explain my touchiness, my hairy legs and getting long in the tooth.


I even get the urge to howl at the moon, scratch myself, and run through the woods! No purpose, just run and howl at the moon.


I think my hubby would agree, I growl a lot. He once had a sign that said, "My wife is part Indian and part pit bull. When she's not on the warpath, she is sitting on her ass, growling."


I think I am onto something here...I must research!

11 comments:

C-ingspots said...

Oh no!!! So THAT'S my problem!! Thanks ever so much...got to go howl now

Sharon said...

LMBO! Gail, I really love visiting your blog. You keep me in stitches ;)

allhorsestuff said...

Oh..LMBO too!
The cat left the room as I was laughing too fiercly! Must be the moon...she thought I had changed into something else altogether!
What a nice and heart touching tribute to your Blogging Friend, for your award! YOU SOOO DESERVE IT ! Sweet Gail!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! You're forever making me laugh (and I always know you are just joking, really!....I just love to go along with you)
Like this one...let's just grow long leg hair and run off together howling at the moon, k?

I'll scratch your flea bites and your scratch mine :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

Grammy said...

he he he I love it. We must be related I have allot of those simtoms too. I also can not spell. And forgot how to make since. I say the wrong thing. And did not mean it the way it came out.

Adventure girl said...

Yea. I know it effects everyone differently. I was so tired last night I went to bed around 8, which is unusual for me, and then woke up wide awake at 4. I love researching stuff too:) Check out my skywatch friday;)

Tina said...

Wow! this type of research...and if it's true could get you on Oparh!! Just joking!! When I used to teach I would swear that you could tell by the behavior of some of our youth that the full moon was on the rise!!

Unknown said...

The full moon might explain your hairy legs, but mine are because it hurts my back to bend over and shave em!

DesertHen said...

Lovely picture. The full moon can make me one moody gal! I'm a Cancer, so that explains it!!

Unknown said...

The moon unquestionably affects us - lunatic derives from lunar. Research shows that certain conditions are "worsened" by the effect of the full moon. I find I'm very restless at full moon time and often can't sleep. The say that kids who suffer from ADHD and similar problems are impossible to deal with at full moon.
Now you just have to keep checking for signs of hair on the palms of your hand... muahahahahahaaaa! ;-)

Carla said...

LOL! I don't care how true that sign might be, MY husband BETTER be too smart to hang that in MY house, GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...