a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweet Child of Mine...

one of my favorite songs is roaring in the background, if roaring can be described as in the back ground.  Andrew and his friend, Dalton are still here.  They have been good boys and done all I've asked, even grocery shopping during our turmoil.

Last night I sat in the car, bra-less and unshaven, waiting while they shopped.  We have lunch meat, no bread, we have Skittles and peanut butter.  We have a huge watermelon, ice cream, and a cake.  We have four bags of chips and lots of pop to drink.  We have chewing gum so we will not starve.  They are good boys and know what to do with a blank signed check. I did ask if they enjoyed their lunch meat wrapped around Skittles since that was the only way I could think they may eat that lunch meat.

I seemed to have wilted after our little incident and we all are just flopping around inside air conditioned rooms...we are tired or relieved, I don't know which, maybe both.

The tooth remains, the hubby recovers, I have no nut pills so it could get much worse.  I return to work tomorrow, no better from my time off. Who knows which way the wind will blow.

All is well, as far as I can tell.  I did let the insurance caller know how the cow ate the cabbage.  They have this new and improved program to call and see how you are after a release from the hospital.  It has happened the last three times.  This time was not pretty.  I said, look, I know you are doing your job but if I have questions, I'll call you.  We just came home from a hospital, I don't want to chat nor hear the phone ring.  We want to rest!  These phone calls are bordering on harassment and, please, remove me from your how are you feeling call list because right now, at this moment, talking to you, for no damn good reason is not making me "feel good".  When she could get a word in edge wise, she promised to put a note in my file about my dislike of the new service.  Poor girl! 

After three days of working into the night, dragging furniture around and keeping busy because I could not sleep, it has caught up with me and, believe me, it ain't a pretty sight.

I have no pictures.  I loaded all to my external hard drive, scanned and defragged.  I have done nothing but refill my drinking glass, nap and play with the computer, oh, and checked to see if hubby is still breathing, now and then.

If this sounds a little crazy, it is simply because I am.  Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers.  As you can tell from this, they are sorely needed.


carolina nana said...

Hey Gail, I've been catching up my blog reading after a hectic week around here but it sounds like you have me beat. I'm glad your hubbie came through the surgery well and is on the mend. Sounds like you will have to go back to work to get some rest.
Prayers go out to all of you.
Brighter days are ahead !!

Linda in New Mexico said...

Darling girl.....when things get like they sound they have gotten for you....I too wish I had the crazy pills still. But then I remember, I didn't feel anything and I think that's worse. Sorry for all the turmoil and crap. Be as well as you can. Linda

Farm Girl said...

I will keep you in my prayers. You know my DIL said the same thing about the hospital calling her and driving her nuts. It makes you wonder doesn't it. I am glad you told her.
I hope you can get some rest and It slows down for a bit.
I would eat lunch meat wrapped around skittles though. :)

Nora said...

So you've finally crashed. Is it any wonder? You've been flying high for a while now. Life caught up with you in a big way. Now it's time to rest and take care of yourself.

Lots of love,

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Gail, I'm so glad your hubby is going to be okay, but I'm a little worried about you. I wish you had another week off to decompress after all of the activity. But, maybe work will be more relaxing? In any event, take some time for you, will ya? Big hugs.

Dreaming said...

Yup, sounds like you reached the end of your tether. Maybe work will be good. It will give you a routine you are familiar with... a different focus.
But, do take care of yourself. Go pour a nice, hot tub, grab a drink of your choice, enjoy some chips and watermelon. They might make a good combo! Hey, make a salsa with melon and skittles!

Michaele said...

How exhausting this has been for you. If you could just get good rest. Maybe being back in the routine of work will help. Small steps of getting food in the house is great. But your assortment on hand sounds good too : )

Pat said...

Just take a deep breathe and relax. Everything will be okay.

Ranch Girl Diaries said...

Oh dear Skittles and lunch meat!:) hee hee!
I hope all is well soon, hang in there!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sounds to me like you need a little down time. :) blessings, marlene

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get some time to get some bread and go for a walk..in a few days you will be back to normal:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...