a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It Was An Ice Cream Cone Kind of Day...

You know the kind you savor
and never want to end.
The sunrise was beautiful!
The day was springlike enough
that I caught spring fever.
At work, I cleaned and rearranged
while taking care of customers
who were also experiencing
the pleasure of a beautiful day.
Andrew competed in a talent show.
The students vote for a winner,
to be announced tomorrow.
The light was low with a zoom,
but you can get an idea how he was moving!
Whatever they announce,
Andrew is my champion.
Whether it was the hope of spring,
or just the fact I'm feeling better,
it matters not, it was good.
I stopped after work and worked again
with Bev in the shop.

Came home to dishes washed
and dinner cooked!
It was a blue ribbon day!
White Spotted will travel to south Arkansas,
taxes are filed,
only two puppies left to adopt
and I have pork and potatoes waiting!

I could use a handful of days like this.
Here's wishing you an ice cream cone day!

13 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Amen to that, sister.

TexWisGirl said...

good for you. i wish you more days like that one!

Dreaming said...

I love days like you described. Glad you had the opportunity to have an upbeat kind of day. With hints of spring coming.... I bet there will be more!
We noticed that trees are getting a blush of color in their buds!

Nancy said...

Stopping by to check on your world, Gail. Hoping you are well. Love the puppies. :)

Lynne said...

Don't you love days like that . . . oh to have them again, again and again . . .

LindaG said...

Glad it was a great day, Gail. ♥

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I hear your lightness in this post sweetie! I'm so happy your feelin' better.

That 'cream cone face is priceless.

God bless and enjoy your day!!! :o)

Susan Anderson said...

Glad this day was looking brighter. I always love when that happens!

=)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Good to hear it was a good one, Gail!...:)JP

Farm Girl said...

I like days like that. Thank you so much for that huge box!!! I didn't expect it to get here so fast. I am sure I can use them. I forgot how big they are.
I just wanted you to know.
Thank you so much,
Kim

DesertHen said...

Glad you had a wonderful day! For some reason, those days seem few and far between these days! *sigh! But I guess each day is special in its own way...even the challenging ones!

Empty Nester said...

OMG! PUPPIES!!!

Jenny said...

I hope you get more days EXACTLY like this. And good luck to your son!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...