a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Over Easy Sometimes Ain't Easy

I should leave the photography to someone who does better.  This looks disgusting, the subject and the photo.  I had already licked the plate clean before I checked my photos.  Please, believe me, when I say, the picture does not show the marvelous taste of this delectable breakfast.

Tiny Bantam eggs, fresh from the hen house, a drop of olive oil and a generous sprinkling of Montreal Steak Seasoning satisfied my hunger while the men sleep on.  I like my eggs fresh, I like them undercooked, only the white must be done.

I wasn't planning on eggs for breakfast or breakfast of any kind before the man pack woke, but there sat a saucer that had held only a cookie, I wiped it with my sleeve and decided to eat...something.

The eggs won.  I sit here satisfied with no fear of food poisoning or any other malady I might get from an undercooked store-bought egg.

I might be "touched" but farm life is good!

13 comments:

ellen abbott said...

that's what I miss most about the changes in my sister's life. No more fresh eggs since she got rid of the chickens.

LindaG said...

:-)

*waits to get her own chickens* ;-)

Happy Sunday!

Rudee said...

Good for you for picking the more nutritious choice. I'd have eaten the last cookie.

DesertHen said...

Nothing better than fresh eggs! Our hens still are not laying yet. Still much too chilly for them!

Lynne said...

I ate eggs today too . . . doubt they were as fresh or as runny as yours . . . smile. Good, great, yummy though!

Pat said...

I can't imagine going out and picking fresh eggs and making them for breakfast. Can't get any fresher than that! Sounds delish!

labbie1 said...

Montreal Steak Seasoning? That's interesting. I will have to try it. I have some but have never thought to try it on eggs!

Irene said...

I had some eggs today but I doub thtey were as good as yours. The yolks were sort of bland tasting. I do like good yolks.

Poppy said...

You might not be the best photographer but you definitely look like a great cook! I want to come to your house for a meal!

Poppy said...

You might not be the best photographer but you definitely look like a great cook! I want to come to your house for a meal!

Marti said...

Yum, fresh from the hen house eggs. They taste so much better than store eggs.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo farm sister...it's a grand life!

Have a great day!!! :o)

Unknown said...

That is the way I like my eggs while my wife and her mother like them crunchy. Yeah, there really something really wrong about both of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...