a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thanks To Dead Presidents...

I had a holiday Monday.  I had so much Delta Blues fun, I didn't have time to report on my President's Day adventure until now...can't get ahead of myself.
It was Ki-Anne's appointment day.  No more puppies, ever...except for the one we kept!!!  We dropped her off and had time to kill.  So Hubby drove, thank goodness, I've had enough driving for a while.
Breakfast out at The Cimarron was a treat for us...but I honestly do not see how people can eat out every day.  One, the prices, the other reason, there's no place like home for a good meal.
Hubbs and I are both drawn to water.  We began in Ash Flat, circled through Cherokee Village to Hardy and back to Ash Flat.  This lake is in Cherokee Village.
This waterfall is in a downtown park.
The falls are crooked, not the photographer.
We circle through down town Hardy
and we met three trucks with tanks outside of town.
We found a bridge in the middle of nowhere.
I think it may be Spring River,
not sure if it's a bridge!
I asked Hubbs to watch the road,
not the water!!
We circle back from nowhere to Wal Mart and decide to check to see if Ki-Anne is ready.  We're tired, we bought ice cream and we wanted to go home.  Plucky Ki was through recovery and ready to go!!!

...and that was Hubbs', Ki's and my day out on a holiday.  Wish you could have been there!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a ride! I have some good friends, by the last name of Russell, who live around Saddle, which is real close to Cherokee Village and Hardy. Of course, since the last time I was around them is going on 25 years ago now, they may be long gone.

LindaG said...

What beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing your drive with us, Gail. :)

Grammy said...

That sure was an amazing adventure you had. I do not know if I would have the courage to cross this bridge. I have been on a peninsula which was 2 lanes. It took you to an island amusement park in Ohio. And on to Dolphin island. But this one lacks side rails. So I do not know if fear would get the best of me. Thanks for sharing your day off.

Lynne said...

Great pictures, thanks for the ""ride along." Sleepy eyes and moving slowly are fun to experience for a few days but being back to normal is the best part. Head pats and cuddles are in order for now . . .

TexWisGirl said...

oh, hurray! glad ki will not have any more peppers in her future! :)

Dreaming said...

You actually drove across that 'bridge'?! Yikes... the picture looks scary enough!
Glad that Ki is through that ordeal. Poor mama dog!

ellen abbott said...

Look at all that wonderful water. and so blue. The river that runs through town here is muddy and brown.

so, does Ki miss her puppies?

Farm Girl said...

I think it was a nice holiday adventure. I like water too. I like seeing what you see. I don't know how people eat out every day either.
I am glad it was a nice day.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh honey, if there was ice~cream involved, I'd be there in a heartbeat!!!

We've got to get Pepper Nipper taken care of before we let her slip!

The shots of your time wastin' journey were wonderful.

God bless and have an amazin' kinda day!!! :o)

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a watery adventure..I would not have driven over that bridge..
So glad you got Ki to the vet:)

Country Gal said...

Ice cream where ? Looks like you guys ahd a nice time out n about ! I like to go out once in a while as a treat but not like some people we are alot like you guys food tastes better at home all though having someone else cook and serve it to me is wonderful and do the clean up after ! Thats heaven ! Awesome photos ! Have a great day !

Susan Anderson said...

Glad all went well with Ki. And you got a beautiful, scenic trip out of it, too!

=)

Rudee said...

I'm not so good on bridges...don't think I could have driven over that one.

Sandy Livesay said...

Why is being around water so relaxing? Now, um....I would not have drove over that bridge.
Glad to hear You, Hubbs enjoyed yourselves. Also happy to hear Ki did surgery well. Have a good one!

DesertHen said...

Three day weekends always go by so darn fast! Glad you had a little fun on your day off! Hope Ki is back to her hot-pepper self again soon!

24 Paws of Love said...

What a great outing! Agreed, there's nothing like a home cooked meal. And hope Ki is doing OK, but we all know she is in good hands. :)

jean said...

Your little trip around looks interesting. I'm sure I would have told my husband to watch the road and not the water, too! Glad Ki-Anne got through spaying fine.

Pat said...

Thanks for the tour! Ki looks so sweet in that photo!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love to hear of you getting out and having some fun!! Glad Ki's all "fixed" up and on the mend.
Aha! So you kept a tiny pup. Good for you!
Have I told you lately that I love you? LOL
Mona

Irene said...

That was a nice drive around the countryside. I wouldn't have gone on that scary bridge. That was a real heart stopper. I'm glad that Ky is all fixed now and not in danger of becoming a unwanted mother again.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

So glad you opted to have the pooch fixed and you're right there's no place like home for a good breakfast, but ithe days was a nice treat!...:)JP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...