a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Saturday Centus…Late Again

me 004
I was enjoying the morning sky, stunned and hypnotized by its magnificent beauty.
 
A small dot appeared through the patchy clouds, growing larger in it’s descent.  I watched, time slowed for me but the object seemed to speed up the closer it came.

What was this unidentified falling object?

Crashing into the ground, only yards away, I ran…was it a meteorite, a space pod, or just a fallen bird?

The oblong “thing” was a greenish color with no openings in sight. I cautiously approached, walking around, looking, reaching…it was warm to the touch.

Without warning, it split open revealing... “two peas in a pod”.
Just having a little fun with the writing prompt of the week at Saturday Centus . Join in the fun!

21 comments:

Country Gal said...

Love the cloud photo ! Cute post ! Have a great day !

labbie1 said...

You got me! LOL So cute!

LindaG said...

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Awesome. Wonderful job, Gail. :)

Jo said...

I enjoyed your "little bit of fun" ... we all need fun!!! thanks for the smiles!

Judie said...

So cute and clever! They really were little green men from outer space!!

Irene said...

That was great. I sure didn't see that one coming.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Those peas & their pod look like something out of the movie the Prez is watching!...:)JP

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

Enjoyed the twists and turns.
Thanks for the post.
Peace,
Siggi in Downeast Maine

Dreaming said...

Amazing how much anticipation you can build in 105 words!
Nice job!

Lou Belcher said...

Ha! What a great post.

Lou

Michaele said...

Neat post! You had me.

Marti said...

Well done, and great pic.

Susan Anderson said...

Love that, Gail. You got me!

=D

Lynne said...

You had me there for a minute . . . great post . ..

Rudee said...

All I could think was is she nuts? She should get the hell out of the way!

Glad to read it was only fictitious peas.

Vickie said...

That's a pretty sunrise - and a cute post! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I thought your twin was going to walk out of the space-ship!
Very funny!

Best wishes,
Anna

'Parent-teacher meeting' Anna's SC wk 92

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Soooo darn stinkin' cute!!!

Loved it Miss Gail!

Have a blessed day!!! :o)

anitamombanita said...

very fun...who'd have thought you'd go from meteor to that...and surprise! It didn't turn into split peas, which you might expect with such a high speed crash...(haha...slapping my knee...silly me)

DesertHen said...

Clever and cute twist you put on the words!

Jenny said...

What a fabulously creative twist!

You are such an a-PEA-lling story teller!

Loved this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...