a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, February 25, 2012

This N That

I WON!!!! My insurance has been reinstated with apologies from my agent.  The person who took those horrible pictures and made the decision has been out sick since the decision was made...Karma! 

I have purchased a new computer...a special treat for me since Andrew and I share one. 

It's an Alien from Dell.  Didn't know I was a secret gamer, did you?  As soon as I figure it out, I will be flying on the Corvette of gaming computers...and I have to install my favorite game...when I figure out how to save my character and transfer that.  I don't want to loose the ground I've gained in the world of Diablo II while I await the release of Diablo III! 

It took me a while to do the few things I did get accomplished but all is not arranged to my liking yet.  I selfishly have kept the password a secret since Andrew has been drooling as he walks by. There is computer envy going on but since I'm the one with a job, Andrew will just have to deal with it...mean grandma!

Something is wrong with my husband...maybe he is the victim of bodysnatching.  He has learned how to operate the vacuum, wash dishes, do laundry, mop and cook.  Now, this miracle has been a long time coming but it's arrival is greatly appreciated.  Hubby has never been a Suzie Homemaker but he is learning. 

From past posts, you know I've tried many things. I've gone on strike, got rid of many dishes so they will have fewer to use, tried explaining that I work full time and he doesn't...but none of this seems to make any difference.  I  know if the dust bunnies and mushrooms held a dance in front of him, he would just turn up the tv volume.

No more!!!  I came home to the smell of Pine-Sol.  My computer room has been vacuumed!  Dinner has been cooked more by him lately than me!  He shops for groceries!!  He even folded some clean towels...although the socks are yet to be mated, I shall not complain.  I wondered what made this wonderful change occur since I have been trying over a year to get some help in the house.

I found out...he's been bragging to Bev, my sister, the farm work horse.  Telling her about what he does, she said, it's about time!  You're not working, you should do it.  Welcome to wifehood and don't complain. Gail has been doing all this for years AND working...then she said, it's about damn time you did something around here!  I think I'll send her roses!

And the good news just keeps coming...got a tax refund!  This finally allowed me to pay all the medical bills from hubby's four surgies in 2011in full that I have been slowly whittling down. I do have insurance, Thank God, but 20% of a lot is, well, A LOT.

Today I head to the family shop, may my good fortune continue and sales abound!!!  One way or the other we are whipping this farm into shape.  By selling what we don't need and thinning, our life should begin to be simpler.  We are determined to be the last generation to leave an abundance of stuff for the next generation...but we're getting old so we need to hurry.

22 comments:

Country Gal said...

Oh thats wonderful I am so pleased to hear all of this . Doin the Happy Dance for ya ! Have a great day !

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Oh my, blessings galore. So great. When Andrew gets out on his own, he can get the newest computer too. The right of passage.

I don't understand the insurance thing, but I'm only on my first cup of coffee.

Unknown said...

I am really glad you got your insurance. Whoa, I hear that your new computer will read your mind and have done what you want to do before you get anywhere near it! Okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but from the specs, it sure sounds like an incredible machine. So, do I need to warn my son about you entering World of Warcraft with a-vengeance? (Yeah, like he would really care about anything that I might have to say. Sigh.)

TexWisGirl said...

i hope this good wave continues...

LindaG said...

Jealous! Alien is a great computer.
I am a closet gamer, too, though not Diablo. Have you thought of hooking your old hard drive to your new computer? You might be able to transfer it that way...

I did find this link whiled doing a google search. http://www.ehow.com/how_5869180_transfer-diablo-character-another-pc.html
It's for Diablo 2 so hopefully it will work for you. Otherwise you might be able to google a better answer. :)

Glad to hear hubby has been helping out around the house.

And congratulations on getting your insurance back! That's fantastic! :)
Congrats on the tax refund, too. We haven't gotten one in years. :/

And just think. Thank goodness all those other generations did leave an abundance of stuff for you to sell. ;-)

Good luck with sales! Have a wonderful day!

Rudee said...

Everyone deserves a little good fortune but I think you really do! Enjoy your new computer and your dust bunny free space.

Michaele said...

congratulations on everything!

Lynne said...

Hold on to "the lucky days" wave and keep it comin! I can't wait for the picture taking insurance man to hear about your good news!

DesertHen said...

What a happy post indeed! So glad your hubby has jumped on board and is helping out! Mine does sometimes, but not nearly enough! Gotta love'em for trying though! =) Enjoy that new computer! One of these days I'm going to break down and buy myself a new one too! Hubby and daughter have their own and I've just been using one of theirs' since my old one died. Have a great day at the shop!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I hate to tell ya I told you so (not really but I'm doin' it anyway)! Remember when I said, "it would all work out???"

Woohoo!!! Did I hit that nail on the head or what??? I'm just thrilled for you sweet Gail.

My sis bought me a sign I had in my kitchen for years that read, "A woman's place is in the home and she should be there as soon as she get's off work." So true!!!

Now, if you'll come up here and work Farm Boy over a bit, we'd both be in seventh heaven! Heeehehehehe!!!

I'm truly happy for ya friend!!!

God bless and have a super Saturday sweetie!!! :o)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Oh halledamlujah on so many fronts. Yeah, insurance. Hip, hip hooray, a new computer. And congratulations on a transformation of your mate. I would say yes, you owe Bev roses. I am so pleased for you. Oma Linda

Dreaming said...

Hooray for hubbies who work around the house!
Congrats about everything: new computer, insurance restated, tax refund and productive hubby!
Funny thing about the guy being sick. Wonder if it is a 'terminal' illness, as in leading to termination?!

Rose said...

Loved this post, your calmer sounds all good for you. Across the pond here today, it was a beautiful spring day, louie and i worked on our garden. Mother nature kindly left us snowdrops in a patch of our land, it was a beautiful surprise!
Best wishes to you all, jackie x

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh My I am so happy for you this post just reeks of happiness. Yeah Yeah Yeah.
I got a new computer too a laptop for Christmas it is wonderful Enjoy.
I am so happy everyone is sharing your load it makes life much easier for all. Take care and enjoy I know you are smiling ear to ear. YEAH. B

Susan Anderson said...

This is so much good news I can hardly take it in! And I could not be happier for you!!

=D

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your a little good news turned into lots of good news..Way to go! Enjoy your new computer..I know nothing of Diablo..perhaps I should check it out:)

labbie1 said...

Hey! Roses for your sister indeed! Wow! Will miracles never cease! LOL

Hey! Look around the shop and see if you have any vintage metal bread boxes that open from the front. I am looking for one...I would pay shipping! :)

ellen abbott said...

That's where family heirlooms come from though, stuff that gets left for the next generation.

Mine cooks dinner and often provides lunch as well, he does the laundry and vacuumed today.

Sandy Livesay said...

Gail, YAY, I'm so happy your insurance was reinstated. Damn insurance kid needs to learn how to do his job. Congrats on the new computer, hubby working in the house and having dinner ready. Yep, I wouldn't complain about the sox not being matched up. If he's doing laundry, cleaning and cooking, I would pick my battles, lol Enjoy playing your games, catch you later :-)

Irene said...

Nothing but good news in this post. The gods must be smiling on you. It is nice when life takes a turn like that. It's good to hear you sound happy. Enjoy your new computer and your new hubby.

Jenny said...

Hooray! Good news! It's nice when things work out!

Stevie Taylor said...

A husband cleaning?? Impressive! Mine doe sjust fine when I leave a list or make "suggestions". Otherwise, all that is dirty is invisible to him!
Stevie @ ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...