a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Fire King and Queen Hit Again


How do they get this all done while I am hiding at work?? Bev worked all day outside and as soon as Den got in he jumped on the Kubota and went to work too. Notice the disc on the back of the tractor. One garden spot is done and ready for potatoes. The other main garden is still a little too wet.
Beverly was having a small controlled burn

Just a few branches from the yard, not even the tip of the iceberg

Kubota King pushing the logs on


Today is Marcy's birthday. Andrew is hiding. Marcy is the one who takes the great pictures, packs my lunch, cares for my youngest grandson, grows the garden, cans the food...Marcy is the matriarch of the farm.

6 comments:

Rudee said...

Where is the whip you use on all of them? Surely you have one. My brood don't do a lick of work while I'm off hiding at work!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marcy, you are an inspiration.

Carla said...

ahhh progress, does Bev live close by? What a tribute to them both-Happy Birthday to Marcy!

Gail said...

No whip, Rudee, just love of the land and the lifestyle. Somedays I love it more than others.

Marcy, my oldest sister, lives on the farm. Bev lives in town but works a lot out here. I wish I could hold a candle to either.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What wonderful family you have, Gail :)

Happy Belated Birthday wishes for Marcy!

~Lisa

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

We have the same tractor. Now we need to borrow that disc so I can get my arena right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...