a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Heroes!

The pecans trees Mom and Dad planted when they first married took quite a hit from the ice. Limbs are dangling by bark and others by wood. If they fell, they could easily kill someone. Today was a little warmer so Kubota King and Assistant Andrew went to work while I manned the camera and one end of the chain.
The only way this could be done was by standing on the tip top of the bucket, wrapping a logging chain around the limb and then hope the tractor can pull it out without any major damage to kith or kin.
Andrew was a wonderful bucket operator. We, uh, they got several limbs down and to the burn pile. See why they are my heroes?


Down comes the big one! The Kubota was standing on its hind wheels but Kubota King won the tug of war as the tree limb split and fell...on nothing, Thank God!

3 comments:

Rudee said...

I hope the tree is still alive after the storm. I love pecans.

Carla said...

Whew!! Men (real men) never fail to amaze me! So glad you go this on film for Andrew to remember always!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looks like the pecan tree got a little....em...trim! lol!

Yay for such wonderful heroes! Donuts all around!!

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...