a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Man And Fire

... have been companions for hundreds of years. Man uses fire to cook, to warm himself and also to see who can have the biggest blazing pile of burning.



My Granny Pruett used to say you could judge a man by how well his fire burns. Was this a dating requirement? A measurement to see who was most worthy?




Now compare to my sister's burning style. She always has small piles with good burning and safety techniques. She always has a fire under control.


This has been the only battle. Bev has a nice pile going and along comes Den and piled huge trees on top of her controlled burning. He is grinning and she is mouthing!


But the cleaning goes on.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Testing the comment section, someone reported problems. If there are any, please let me know. Thanks.

SkippyMom said...

Poor Bev, what is she going to do with Den? lol...Are those pics recent? Is it really that warm where you are? [Bev is in just a tee]

I want warm :) - it is 6 degrees here - they aren't even letting the lil' kids out for recess today :(

Jeannelle said...

Wow....you guys are hard at work down there. Yes, think how crucial fire was back in another era. Nice post!

C-ingspots said...

Thanks for the great book Bev! I got it yesterday. I love having fires and burning stuff. It's a great way to de-clutter and do a wonderful clean-up in a hurry!! My hubby is the fire making KING!! He can make a fire anywhere and it is good!! Very cleansing...burn on!!

Unknown said...

"My Granny Pruett used to say you could judge a man by how well his fire burns."

Please send my apologies to Granny Pruett, but I gotta share this at work:>0
I'll give her full credit!

Carla said...

burn baby burn! Love your grandma's view:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...