a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, June 11, 2010

...and i prayed for rain


while the rains were flooding the little Missouri River in Arkansas.  It rose eight feet per hour as many campers were swept away.  The death toll is climbing.  It has reached sixteen according to some reports and expected to rise.
I had watched the clouds last night with anticipation, not knowing what horrors were happening down state.  I wished for rain and I got none. 

Campers wished for a pleasant family outing and some met death.  Please pray for those families that have lost someone and pray that those still missing are found uninjured.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I saw that on the news this morning and I thought about you. I am glad to know that you and your family are safe, but deeply saddened for those that lost their lives.....

ellen abbott said...

Oh how terrible. It's amazing how fast the rivers can rise. Friends of mine barely escaped a campground once as the river rose. those pictures are awesome though.

A Joyful Chaos said...

How awful for all those involved! Praying for comfort and healing to the greiving families.

Rudee said...

What a terrible event. It broke my heart when I saw this on the news.

Pat said...

We quickly looked to see if it was a campground that we had stayed at but it was not. We stayed at one right on the Mississippi River in Arkansas just northeast of that campground.

I can't imagine the horror those campers felt. That water rose so fast that many did not have a chance.

Yes, I will definitely pray for these people!

Irene said...

That's very sad. It must have been a horrible situation. How very awful to find yourself in such a position. My thoughts are with all those people.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

What a terrible tragedy! So sad.

Judy said...

No rain one place...too much rain another place...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...