a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've Been Invited...

by The Olde Bagg  to tell some secrets I have been keeping about myself.

I would say I love animals but I haven't kept that secret very well.  So I guess I will just have to spill the beans, drum roll, please...

When I was a young lady, not yet married, I would do readings at church when the preacher could not come.  My favorite was The Creation.  I also sang "specials" at the church on Sunday nights.

When same said preacher married us, there was a part in the ceremony that said, "God bless their affections" and the preacher said, "God bless their infections"!  We were rolling in laughter before the ceremony was over.

I like chocolate, oh, wait, you already know that too!

I shall have to think about the third secret, y'all already know my life history.  Oh, wait, I know!!!  I love ball room dancing...I bet you would have never guessed that one.  Sadly, I have never been able to convince my husband about the up side to ball room dancing so I shall just dream...or remember.

13 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Bag Lady Blathers is it???? You are too funny. See there, I did not know that you did the church readings, or that you had infections at your wedding or you and I are in the same non ballroom dancing boat rowing to the beat of one, two, three.
Thanks for doing the award stuff...now pass it on to some other victims...er folks.
The Olde Bagg......lady

Unknown said...

Way too cute!!!!!!!!! I have always loved to watch ballroom dancing too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for sharing crucial info! :)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Gail, you've won something on my Monday post. Email me your address.

Thanks, Teresa

Christy said...

My son takes ball room dance lessons with me. Hubby won't get near it, but the boy loves to dance.

Irene said...

I like ballroom dancing myself too. My father taught me. I haven't done it in years. There's no one to dance with. I dance in my dreams, just like you. I do have good memories of dancing the walz.

carolina nana said...

You know secrets are to be shared !!! good job !!
have a blessed tomorrow

Carol............. said...

So funny about the preacher!

My dad used to have me stand on his feet while he did some fancy ballroom moves....after 55 years I still recall how cool that was

Anonymous said...

I love it that you had your infections blessed ;)

Too funny!!

Judy said...

My daughter and I did ballroom dancing just before her wedding...I did the guy part...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww, you are such a romantic. I can just picture you all dressed up like Cinderella ball dancing with your beloved. :)

Maybe you could tell him that is all you want for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary is to go ball room dancing together?


~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! lol! Whoops!
I meant to type ball room dancing.....not ball dancing! lol!


~Lisa

Pat said...

So glad your infections cleared up in time for the honeymoon!

Maybe the two of you should sign up for Salsa dancing. That oughta make things heat up a little!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...