a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cotton Candy Moon

These kinds of clouds mean no rain, sadly, we are in dire need of rain.  The grass is beginning to wilt in spots and the flowers last one day.  The creek by the garden is its only salvation, Beverly waters the garden from there or the crops would be failing too.  I know we will get rain soon, and the grounds will love it and the plants will sigh from the relief.

The temps are rising and the cool at night is in the mid seventies.  This week we will surpass one hundred with almost fifty percent humidity.

8 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

And I only have one question, what ever happened to spring?

Rudee said...

What a beautiful photo, Gail!

ellen abbott said...

sounds like you live here.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

You can have my rain. All of it. Please! Come get it! I'll help you haul it away! My sad waterwise flowers are rotting in my soggy soil...

Rural Rambler said...

Hope the rain finds At The Farm Gail!

Irene said...

I would have given you the rain we had last week, but now it's all gone. I do hope you get some of your own. I know how badly you can need it. We're not expecting any rain for the next forseeable future, but we've had enough for now, I think. Your temperatures sound awfully high. I'd hate to have to live with them. Hugs!

Pyatshaw said...

I moan about Scottish weather but we very seldom have extremes. Mid seventies at night--phew, how do you sleep? Last night here was awful and it must have been only just above 60F. Today we've been back to a more usual cloudy sky.
Hope you get rain, in moderation, soon.

Pat said...

I meant to tell you how much I love your new header!

I envy your sunny skies! We've had SO MUCH RAIN in the midwest - IL to be specific! It's so nice when we see that big yellow ball in the sky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...