a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, January 20, 2011

And You Thought I Forgot...

Remember the terrible hair cut, remember the contest, remember my promise of  "On Writing" by Stephen King?  Well, the deadline is here and the entries were fantastic!  It was so hard to choose, I did, honestly, love them all.  This was fun.  Thank you, everyone!

I chose my favorite, and surprise, surprise!...Sue does this for a living.  So email me your address, Sue, and I will get your book out to my place of business, The United States Postal Service, and get that baby mailed.

Sue's Entry:

My hair marches across my head.
Left face. Right face. Full speed ahead.
A hair platoon, in disarray,
With soldiers who will not obey.
Some stepping here. Some strutting there.
Some standing straight up in the air
At full attention, as they please.
I’ve had enough, Hair. Stand at ease.
Obey my orders. Call me ‘Sir.’
Dismissed. Fall out!
(Oops).
As you were.

16 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Okay; I hadda' go check out the haircut an' honestly, I think you did okay. I like your haircut. I jus' wish I had been able to get in on the contest. 'Course, I do NOT think I would have come up with anything so cute as Sue did. I love that poem. Besides, its just as well that I din't enter anything 'cause if I had won (by some freak chance) I have no idea what I would do with a Stephen King book, since the very idea of reading one 'uh his books is enough to send me scampering to the closet.

Happy Birthday to Melissa. Sorry I missed it.

~ Yaya

Jules said...

Oh Kudos to Sue. That was great! :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Irene said...

Congratulations Sue, that is a good poem. Great job for picking this one out, Gail.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Very clever poem. Love it. Congrats Sue!

Empty Nester said...

Oh gosh, that was great! I just don't understand how people like that are so darn clever... Me = jealous!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a marvelous entry Sue. Congratulations to a great writer and a wonderful gal!!!

Now, how the heck did I miss this one???

LIFE??? Maybe.

God bless and have a super safe day. The blizzard has set in!

Country Gal said...

Great entry Sue ! Didnt know about this writer I will have to check it all out ! Have a great day !

Achieve1dream said...

That poem is fantastic! Congrats Sue!

LindaG said...

Ah, hahahaha!!!!!
Fantastic!

Congratulations to you and Sue! :-)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What a cute poem...love it! Congrats to Sue.

Susan Anderson said...

Thanks, Gail! Glad you liked my poem. And thanks for the link, too!

=)

Judy said...

LOL - Great poem...

DesertHen said...

That was great...loved it! Congrats to Sue! =)

Golden Eagle said...

I love the poem.

Congratulations to Sue!

Nancy said...

Good one, Sue! Well done. And congratulations on the win! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

LOL, falling out is NOT good.

Very inventive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...