a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Friend, Chinese Food And Bargains...

That was what I found yesterday...it was a good day, when you forget about the part where I went to work.

Had to stop for gas and it's cold.  I see a guy standing by his dump truck in a wife beater tshirt!  I looked closer and waved and smiled.  Curiosity had him...he came to the pump.  Getting out of the car, I gave him a big bear hug...it was Hogie Wolf, a very long time friend of ours I had not seen in a while.  It was a short hello but a welcome hug.

After work, came home to my nephew fixing my lap top to be wireless, I hope.  I have not tested it in my room yet. He stopped in on his way to Maine from Alaska.  I don't think we are straight on that line, he may have gone a tad out of his way!

Andrew and I left to find track shoes and pants for his first dance!!!!  Coach says if he gets up his speed, he and Kyle may be the main running backs on the eighth and ninth grade team next year...which is an honor for an eighth grader.  Hope the new speedy shoes will help with football and dancing.  Hit some good sales and left with twice as much for half the price...that is always good.

Next stop, Chinese!!!  I can eat my weight in good Chinese food. Brought a carry-out home for Hubby, his favorite...he calls it cat on a stick.

It was late when we got home but we had a nice time, listening to loud music and me, singing loud enough and bad enough for Andrew to beg me to stop.

I needed this kind of day...it was good!!!

17 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

What a great day! Yay Andrew! Go!

I'm all about singing loudly in the car. Yes, I've been asked to stop even when I make my plea, "But, I'm a good singer." The reply, "Yes, you are, just not in the car." Hmm

E said...

Cat on a stick . hehehe. that is so funny. It sounds like a perfect day.

Irene said...

I'm told to stop singing no matter where I am. I just can't carry a tune. I think I sing well in the shower, but that's just my humble opinion.

Andrew is quite the sportsman. It will get him into a good college yet.

Just Plain Tired said...

Sounds like an ideal day. Hard to beat good Chinese food.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Love singin' to that car radio...heck, I'll sing without it! Ya'll know I'm always beltin' out a tune.

Woohoo Andrew!!!

Cat on a stick...I'm rollin' here.

I'm so happy ya enjoyed your day, I hope your wood pile is high...colds 'a comin'.

God bless you sweetie and I hope this day is every better than the last!!! :o)

ethelmaepotter! said...

Cat on a stick! That's what one of my friends calls Chinese, too! I just stopped over from Nezzy's place after finding you work at the post office...I am so sorry. I know you go through hell every day. I know how tedious the work is, how heavy those packages are, how filthy your hands and clothes get, how your sinuses will never be the same.
Oh, by the way, I work at the post office, too. Could you tell?
Nice to meet you, Gail!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Well fantastic for you....hugging, singing, eating chinese cat on a stick. Couldn't get any better unless I got to join you. The Olde Bagg, Linda

ellen abbott said...

I love chinese food when it's hot. Once it starts to cool though, it becomes very unappetizing.

glad you had a great day. We all need one of those now and then.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Dear Gail..as you can see I am playing catch up. No posting this past week..it's just too crazy around here but I am doing a bit of visiting..
8th graders! What a time of life that is! Hope the dance went well..or goes well.
Cat on a stick? I hate to ask..but WHAT the heck is that? (My imagination is running amuck here! HELP!!"
I do love Chinese food. A lot! But I love every kind of food.

Work. I try not to think of that!

Now I am off to read more.
Love, hugs and such like that,
Mona :)

Susan Anderson said...

I wonder if more hugs happen in cold places? I would be they do! (Which would make Maine a very friendly place...)

Hope your son gets to do his thing as a running back! Although my boys took some pretty ruthless tackles at that position. They had a ball, though.

=)

PS. Love that Chinese food!

Jo said...

What a lovely day you had, Gail. You cheered me up with tales of the entire day's happenings. Pray do tell me two things, though: What is a "wife beater shirt" and "cat on a stick" ? Have a great weekend, my friend. (((Hugs))) Jo

Janice said...

Just got caught up on your posts.You have been busy since Christmas. Glad you had such a good day....Cat on a stick got a chuckle.Loved your winter pics...but alas I am so sick of grey and white and dismal that I can no longer find any beauty in it,I'm glad you can though.

Golden Eagle said...

Glad to hear you had a good day!

Nancy said...

Days like you had come once in a blue moon -- best to enjoy them to the fullest.

Glad you had a good day today. Hope tomorrow is as good or better. :)

Yaya' s Home said...

I'm still tryin' to figure out how your friend managed to stay warm in that wife-beater shirt. Maybe I have the wrong image of what a wife-beater shirt is? In my mind, the cold was slowly freezing his arms right off of his body. Brrrrr.

~ Yaya

Carol Kilgore said...

I love good days like that. Have a wonderful weekend.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! cat on a stick! :D Very clever!

Congrats to Andrew! And I'm glad you had a great day. You deserve more days like that :)

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...