a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Tracks We Make

We are all in one web, one world and have never, ever been able to have so many resources at our fingertips.  The knowledge of this just hit me, I know, I am slow, but, WOW!

I was just viewing my stats and I was amazed!  I have had visits from the US, Canada, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Latvia, Germany, Denmark, South Korea, Netherlands, Australia, Japan, Vietnam and Russia.  I don't know about you, but to me, that is just down right amazing.

The web has made things possible that we use to only dream,  We can visit a country that we may never see, we can talk to those people, share a day with them, tell a story or two...through our blogging.

I know in many countries Americans are not viewed very favorably.  This blog gives me an opportunity to show people,  hey, we're not so bad.  We put our pants on, one leg at a time, just like you do.  We cry, we laugh, we love, we mourn, we live...just like you...well maybe, not just like you, but you get the gist.

So the title is appropriate, I think.  We never know who reads our words, we never know who we may encourage, we never know who we make smile.  We never know, when maybe our words were just what someone needed to hear(read) today.

So, to all of you out there, who are reading, I thank you for the visit.  I hope I've entertained you and I hope you will return.  Curious?  Ask me a question.  I want to make this world smaller and I want to leave some good tracks in blogland.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Amazing, Gail. I 'm doing a post on blogging later this week! What question can I ask? How do you keep track of your stats? Have a great week, (((hugs))) Jo

Jules said...

Funny, we were just talking yesterday how "Skype" was a science fiction topic growing up and now it is here.

I love the title and the picture. Have a great day :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Rob said...

Hi Gail, I'm from the EU and read your blog as often as time permits. As for not being popular I think where ever you go there are people with a chip on their shoulder who make judgements about others and label them without actually knowing the individual. The people worth knowing will always give you a chance to respect them and when you do they usually welcome you as a friend. As you say the internet has made the world a smaller place, too small to be falling out all the time and I think that the people who blog are leading the way and setting an example in better relations, respect and understanding.

Farm Girl said...

Well thanks for coming by and leaving some tracks today. :) I know it has amazed me how small blogging has made the world. When you can connect with people in far away places and share a glimpse of the life they lead to me I find it very precious and a special gift. I have been so thankful for the gift of blogging and it has made me watch the weather because now I know people in those states and they just aren't nameless faces anymore.
Thanks for that wonderful reminder and I never got tired of your puppy stories. :) I really like your puppy.

LindaG said...

Love your new header picture, Gail!
And I enjoyed your post, too. :-)

Nancy said...

This is so true, Gail. I'm so thankful for the friendships I've made through blogging. Love you new header! :)

Country Gal said...

Gail ! Amazing! awesome post ! You do leave good tracks in blogland, your blog is awesome , I always go to your blog first to see what you have been up to and what you post every day ! Have a great day !

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I love it!!! I've never thought of the words we post as bein' tracks across the web but it is soooo true. I just adore the different view and spin ya put on things my sweet friend.

We came home through Houston and Arkansas again this time and were so close...but so very far away. We again were more than exhausted and had to get home to make our contracted silage deliveries.

Marcy always does quite the bang~up job on the pictures. I may want to borrow her for a week or six for lessons.

God bless you sweetie and have a grand week. It's good to be home!!! :o)

Pyatshaw said...

I second everything you say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...