a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Promise...

 I will shut up about this puppy...soon.

I have had many wonderful suggestions for names and it was tons of fun reading all your suggestions.  I had to choose soon because Hubby was calling her Possum and that was not acceptable to me.

She is a firecracker!  She climbs like a cat.  She is training very easily and watches every move I make.  Hand signals will be a piece of cake for her.  No accidents with potty training and, yes, she is in the house!  It's too cold outside for a puppy, or that's the excuse I use.
She is quite content in her bed and goes there after each mad dash.  She runs after a thrown toy and takes it to her bed.  We are working on "Bring it" but I've only had her two days so give us time. 

Names are important to me and I was really leaning toward Hope, Grace or Faith because she seemed to be a Godsend at the time I needed it the most.

I considered her color, her personality, her actions, her look.  The names I offered to Hubby and Andrew did not cut the mustard.

Let me introduce to you, the newest member of the team At The Farm...Ki-Anne(cayenne).  I shall call her Ki.  I apologize in advance...oh, the stories I will have to tell!
Welcome home, Ki-Anne!

20 comments:

DesertHen said...

The name is PERFECT! Love it!

Happy weekend to you and have tons of fun with Ki!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Oh my goodness, I just love her name. What a doll baby she is. Congrats on a beautiful name Ki.
The Olde Bagg.Linda

becky said...

It does suit her! Very cute & original. Yes, she was a Godsend for you, but I think you were for her as well!
:)

Lisa said...

She is so so cute. She seems to be so smart already and some of these puppys just are.
Love the name you choose.

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like a GREAT name to me. And I like calling her Ki.

=)

Silliyak said...

And you can call her with "Yippi Ki Yai Yea!"

Country Gal said...

I love the name. Welcome Ki-Anne .
looking forward to all kinds of photos and posts of you ! Enjoy your new pup. Have a great day Gail!

Empty Nester said...

Seriously, does anybody really ever get tired of puppy stories? I think not! Bring them on!

LindaG said...

Hahahahaha. Love that name! Great choice. :-)
I don't expect you to stop talking about her, either. I expect to see a lot of posts about her. :-)

Have a great weekend, all!

Golden Eagle said...

I love the name you chose for her! It's perfect, and original besides!

Irene said...

I, for one, never get enough of puppy stories, so go ahead and tell us all the ones you want. I can't wait, the more, the better.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

she is going to bring you much happiness. she is so cute and she's hot hot hot....

E said...

What a wonderful choice. I am game for more puppy story's too.

Deb Shucka said...

What a wonderful name! And she is as cute as a puppy can be. She looks smart - really smart.

carolina nana said...

What a perfect name,I'd love to hear the story of how you came up with it though.
Her eyes show her intelligence.
Have a blessed weekend.

Achieve1dream said...

That is so cute!! I love unique names like that. :D And I don't get tired of puppy stories either. Especially such a cutie.

Pat said...

Great name, beautiful puppy!

Melbourne Girl said...

If she's climbing trees Gail, she might have a bit of Basenji in her...somewhere back in her history
Lesley
x

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

The name is as cute as she is. but..I won't be surprised if it isn't shortened to Ki! :) Or..Annie...you know how we people are. We mess with things..especially names.
That is just the cutest dog..um..puppy. She has a face that is just so sweet, Gail..just SO sweet. You got lucky when you found Ki-Anne.
You just got so lucky. Angels do show up at the darndest times, don't they?

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

And....in the darndest forms... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...