a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Six Word Saturday and Saturday Centus 128

Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.
ON REDECORATING:
Painted, caulked, bruised, but not bleeding.
Time to have fun with Jenny Matlock with her Saturday Centus.  PROMPT: "How beautifully leaves grow old."   WORD COUNT - Not to exceed 105 (including the prompt)  STYLE OF WRITING - Any
PICTURES - Any Additional   The regular restrictions apply: PG, no splitting of the prompt, play nicely and visit the other links, please.
No one knew
No one really cared
No one missed the jerk
That lived upstairs.

A little girl was missing
They looked every where
The only thing ever found
Was her doll upon his stairs.

He watched children closely
Carried candy in his pocket
Just talked to them mostly
But ended up on the court docket.

I knew the girl
She’s mine you know
I’d seen them talking
Days in a row.

The rules are no body
Criminals can’t be bound
Not guilty the verdict
Upset the town.

I the executioner
Was secretive and bold
The body won’t be found
How beautifully leaves turn old.

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

laughing at your decorating one. :)

and the dark side of you always scares me a bit. i think we are all capable of a lot...

Bookie said...

Your Centus made me shudder...good writing to move reader so much!

Country Gal said...

Creepy thought ! Have a good day !

Empty Nester said...

Whoa. I did not see that coming from that point of view AT ALL. That was INTENSE. My eyes got big and my mouth dropped open!

retired not tired said...

We have to renovate again and we keep putting it off. Our excuses include company, vacation and timing.

John Going Gently said...

hummm
"animal shit covers all my pants!"

hows that?

Anonymous said...

whoa...heavy stuff. Very eerie. Of course, I liked it.

Josie Two Shoes said...

I enjoyed the light 6W6 and felt the impact of the the the very serious SC, one of the more compelling pieces I've read on that painful topic. Great writing!

LindaG said...

Haha!

You and John had great ones. :o)

Lovely photos, too!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful writing. Very impressive blog, and I totallt identify with your profile.hope you will visit me: McGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

Susie Clevenger said...

Hi, glad you survived remodeling. Your poem gave me the chills!

MadSnapper said...

the poem is a little to dark for me. dark and to realistic and it speaks the truth of our times. that is what is scary about it.
love the six words of our life. here is mine.
My daily life belongs to computer

LilliStJohn said...

Glad the knee n ankle are better and you are moving on with the job. We just have to see the finished product. Nice photo of Fall Colours and NOW - great poem Gail, dark, deep n gritty - You captured it all girl. Love your dark side :)

Lynne said...

Hmmnn . . . scary and dark . . . but you certainly can create!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Dark and telling.

21 Wits said...

Wow, this is amazing, and funly spooky- I actually came to read your 6WS- I haven't even posted my centus yet and usually post before I ever read any! Now I'm confused how I got here....from 6WS!

21 Wits said...

oops, I figured it out, your link at 6WS brings me here!

Irene said...

Youre displaying your darker side again. I'm glad you found a venture to do this in. I hope you don't identify too strongly with this. It lurks in all of us but we don't all have the talent to expose it. Or the guts for that matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...