a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Eat All You Can Day!

I have read many wonderful writings about being thankful. I agree.

I just want to say I am thankful for everything, good and bad. The things we experience make us the person we are and will become. We are ever changing and are affected by each thing in our life...from the fuzzy dog we saw on a sidewalk to the clerk that took the extra time to smile.

Sometimes my posts are sentimental, sometimes they are silly and sometimes, but rarely, they are normal.

This day brings to mind our soldiers, and how many cannot be with family. I think of the homeless and how I would love to share my bounty. I think of people who are not enjoying family and friends today. I think of people alone.

I am truly blessed.

I would like to send up a prayer to all those mentioned and many I have missed. Not just for today but for the rest of their lives...May they forever be blessed and have God by their side.

6 comments:

DesertHen said...

Beautiful Post!! Very well said!

Happy Thanksgiving to you....=D

SkippyMom said...

You always have a way with a word. Thank you for this post.

Happy Thanksgiving. Shall we all find something to be thankful for.

Hugs, <3

Melanie said...

Happy "all you can eat day" to you and your family too...lol!!!

I am trying to remember that all things are good in moderation today...that is the key...lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at the farm!
From Jeremy and Kat

allhorsestuff said...

no truer thing is there than= knowing of how blessed we truely are!

Carla said...

Amen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...