a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tarantula


When I was growing up, I knew I was in trouble when I heard my whole name...well, DENNIS PAUL!!!!
My hubby caught a tarantula and was chasing Andrew with it. (Andrew has been trained to fear spiders by his mother). I guess you can imagine what broke loose around here.
The gremlins had been at my computer so I was TRYING to fix it. I heard screams of Nana, Nana.
As you can imagine with computer trouble, the day after a holiday, my lovely boss, and then screaming, yelling, laughing, running and more laughing, I almost lost it. I marched into the middle of the trouble, took the tarantula and dumped him outdoors.
That didn't solve the problem. My hubby is laughing and saying, I wish I had you on tape when you stomped in and got that spider! Andrew is upset cause I let Papa's spider loose. I said did you like being tortured with it? No, but still pouting.
So I grab a flashlight, find the d--- spider and bring it back in.
Now, no one is happy with that either. Den says I told you to let it go, Andrew says, I said you didn't have to catch it. So I give the bucket with the spider to Den and get back on the computer.
The commotion starts again! Den has told Andrew it is loose in his room cause I left the lid off the bucket. Den is laughing at Andrew so hard he can't stand! Then I say DENNIS PAUL and he knows he has gone far enough. Den admits he let the spider go outside much to Andrew's relief. I go back to the computer, hot, aggravated and still working...and I hear laughter!!!!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Lord, I'd have just died if Dennis had told me there was a tarantula in my room! I'm getting over my fear of them living around the wood spiders here at the new place but NO WAY would I be able to handle a tarantula just yet. Now I'll tell you, I do own a 7 foot long burmese python. How loony is that? I'm scared to death of Den's tarantula and yet I'll hold a snake big enough to kill me lol! That's so funny Gail :) Did you get the computer fixed?

allhorsestuff said...

NoooooWaayyyy could you get me near that!!!
I freaked yesterday, while cleaning house, that a big brown spider('bout the size of 2 leg hairs of your Tarantula there)was hiding on my lamp shade in the bathroom..a sacred room..I took care of that!
You crack me up. big-time!

Veronica said...

Nooooooo! My husband would have to die! *eek!*

DesertHen said...

My daughter, Countrychick would run screaming from our house if she saw that thing. She HATES spiders and I so love to tease her about it....=) I had a good laugh while reading your post.....I hope your computer gremlin is gone? I hate it when they mess with the computer and get it all out of whack!!

Gail said...

Sharon: Maybe your snake can eat my spider.
Allhorsestuff: We had so many spiders this year, I started naming them. Did cut down on the flies.
notevenatshirt vb: He could be hurt...I don't tell all my secrets!
DesertHen: Glad you had a good laugh, always makes me feel better. Gremlins are hiding for another time. One phone call got me completely straight after I poked the few buttons I knew how to poke.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!!!!! *shudder*

Gail said...

farm mom and C-ingspots: I wasn't really that brave. I scooped him into the bucket. Andrew and Den are still talking about big bad Nana!

Carla said...

lol! Boys never stop being boys do they?

LilliStJohn said...

I chuckled through this story. Made me remember me as a little TomBoy saving worms in a little match box and when my big sister would threaten me, I would haul out my dried out worms and take a pinch and threaten to throw dead worms on her if she bothered me. he,he Siblings, Eh. I carried my little "Dried Worm Box" everywhere.No, I do not have them today. he,he

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...