a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged!


Sharon has been so sweet to tag me. I have been requested to list six things about me y'all don't know. Since I have spilled my guts so many times, it will be hard to find something you don't know.
Rules:

#1 Link to the person that tagged you.

#2 Post the rules.

#3 List six random things (deep dark secrets) we don't know about you!

#4 Tag six other lucky people.

#5 Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

#6 Let the tagger know when your site is up.


Now for SIX things you do not know about me!!!


#1 I drive a PT Cruiser with a stick...I prefer a truck but I can stuff lots of stuff in this PT.


#2 I wanted to be a vet but I did not want Dad and Mom to pay a third daughter through college.


#3 I am terrified of scorpions (and I am a Scorpio). You could run me a hundred miles with just one in a jar. I think this goes back to when I was stung as a child.


#4 I am not afraid of snakes. I do respect the poison ones. As a child, I was given a corn crib in the barn so I could keep my pets out of the house. I had snakes and spiders.


#5 My husband showed me to his parents as I was bringing the milk cow in and told them he was going to marry me. This was before we dated!


#6 Lost a snake in the house once and never told Mom!


Now, guess who gets lucky!


EVERY ONE...if you want to do it.
I am still just learning and could not get the tags to work!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand the fear of scorpions. After living in Tucson, I know they can be sneaky. There are not enough scorpions here in Milpitas to count.

I have a fear of spiders. After working for an entomologiost with cockroaches and ants, I am better. We took good care of our spiders becuase they made it impossible for the cockroaches to escape and survive. There were a lot of spiders. Arachnid Utopia. Kind of like the cold water and strong currents around Alcatraz.

Grammy said...

That would have been a great picture of you with the cow.How amazing he knew he wanted to marry you then. Love your post. My youngest daughter is a snake person too. I some how have mouse written on my forehead. As they do not like me. They would even strike at me through the glass when we had a pet store. I like them at a distance now that a copperhead chased me in this yard. I did a 6 things post last week I believe.
Happy Thanks giving my friend.
Grammy

allhorsestuff said...

OH! Loved that your husband did that!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, a little bovine love! hehe Such a romantic, eh?
I wanted to be a vet, too. I worked as a Vet tech for a year then changed my mind.

We used to get scorpions in our house quite often when we lived down in the Valley. They'd sneak into the bathroom or wait at the baseboards. gah!

I'm not afraid of snakes either....just don't love them or want them as pets. lol!

Thanks for sharing some cool stuff about you.

Oh and by the way, Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope it's filled with good food, wonderful friends and family, and many happy memories to be made :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...